Updates on Tye Hill and Kevin Mawae

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by vy102000, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Okay cool, now lets snag more upgrades for the DE spot.

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Amen to that brother.

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Count me in on that one. Let's stock up and put the best team out on the field for TC and may the best players play going into the regular season.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

lemme see here. Of the two teams interested in me one has Finnegan and Harper and the other has Leon Hall and John Joseph.. Where will I actually get to play (if I can stay healthy?).. calls Jeff Fisher...

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

at least we'll have some veteran depth this season. i'd assume he would be in the mix as a returner too.

6. iQon

iQon Starter

I get the feeling Mawae will just retire. The F.O. has made it clear they don't want him anymore. I can't see them re-signing him, and awarding his job back without heavy resistance upstairs.

7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

do you mind providing a link that backs that up?

8. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

i remember articles saying both he doesnt mind returning as a back up vs he wont return as a back up. however, the latter was said when he was still looking for a starter position (prob on a good team) - however, w/ all those 'locked up' he then said that he doesnt mind returning as a backup. (thats if my memory serves me correctly)

i'm all for Leroy as a starter - i think he can be an excellent player. however, you really never know, and having the best backup is a huge plus - Essentially we have 6 line starters...

for example leroy gets injured - plug mawae back into center and move amano back to guard and the line wont miss a step. same idea if amano gets injured.

if stewy/roos go down - leroy moves to T and Amano moves back to G w/ Kevin in the middle - once again an excellent plan B.

we all know how important the line is, so this could be a huge plus!

9. iQon

iQon Starter

I think that's what happened. The team basically told him that Harris will start next year and the way Mawae spoke, he was forced to find a new home.

Typical Titans move to kick a great player to the curb when he can still produce at a high level. We lucked out this time because. If he's fine with going to the bench without at least competing for his job, bring him back! As long as he's a Titan in some way, I'm happy.

10. vy102000

vy102000 Camp Fodder

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100402/SPORTS01/100402065/1027

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar