Unusually slow today?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Alex1939, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I have had the same service provider forever (same one at work also). Work and home machines act the same way. Work computer is a little slower than my home one.

I clean out the temp files 3-4 times a day and cookies every week

To me it is the ads that are trying to load. I watched it as this page was trying to load. It is the same ones I described above. They keep repeating and repeating until it clicks :irked:

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

We have an ad network chain. If one on the top tier does not fill an ad, it goes to the second network, etc. It can delay the loading of the page though it's usually only by a second or two and not what you describe. Since chaining ads is pretty common, it makes me think there has to be something else causing it to delay since it is happening both at home and the office.

I just checked out your setting and you automatically subscribe to every thread you post in. I wonder if that may be bogging down things. I temporarily turned it off. You might to UserCP and delete some if there are a lot there.

My other suggestion is for you to register a new test account. Let's see if the same thing happens to it.

4. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Hey TitanJeff .....

While you're here ............ do you know why it won't "remember me" when logging in?

It's not the end of the world but having to log in over and over is annoying.

5. TitanJeff

Have you tried the "remember me" button next to your name? I believe you have to have cookies activated for this to work.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I have never subscribe to a thread. Not even sure how you do it. I looked in the UserCP and I didn't see any threads at all.

7. TitanJeff

Let's try a new account. Put in "rekwe" or something. If you have another email, that would be good or just put in [email protected]. We'll test and see if that one is any better.

8. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

i want a gotitans.com email address!!!

9. TitanJeff

Hmmm... subscriber perk? :yes:

10. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

ok, i will bite...how much is an email address with TJ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar