Unofficial: Jared Allen to the Vikings

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't think a 1st and two 3rds is too much to ask. The franchise tag normally calls for two 1st round picks as compensation.

2. maximus

maximus Starter

They got a good player at a high cost. Risk vs reward. If he doesn't get a DUI, the Vikings will have a excellent DL.
    If he gets suspended, the Vikings won't have much to speak for

3. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

They paid the price it took to get him. It sure as hell wasn't cheap, and he will have to play at a high level for a minimum of 3-4 years for it to look like a good call long term.

It was a little too pricey in my opinion given the risk/reward, but I am not a GM (although after a few beers I like to think I am...) :ha:

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Aw man, if we would've just given up our first 3 picks and a few picks next year we could have gotten him. His contract would've only been $70 million! But our GM is too cheap. Dang it all Mike Reinfeldt does is sit at home. He doesn't even show up to work. He obviously doesn't want us to get better.

:sarcasm:

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

If you've heard of him, MR doesn't want him. Unless he's on his way out of the league.

6. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

You're right, dude. We should be more like the redskins, 9ner's, and faiders. Oh wait, they suck.

7. Deuce Wayne

And the patriots! They make moves too! All of these teams suck. I tell ya!
    Showing interest would let us know that MR is trying, but he doesn't even attempt it. Maybe after getting laughed at by Stallworth and a few others last year, he gave up? Not sure.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Moronic comparison at best.

Patriots have made one move and only because he was cheap. Moss didn't want to be a Raider and no one was going to get Moss for a 4th.
    They never splurged like you suggest we do with mediocre players.

They also lost Asante Samuel.

9. Deuce Wayne

1 move?

Randy Moss
    Wes Welker
    Dante Stallworth
    Adalius Thomas
    Corey Dillon

Yeah. Just 1 move.
    And once again. Nobody is saying he should "splurge".

10. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

In case you noticed, Stallworth was more of less a bust, Thomas didn't do anything extrodinary, and Dillon was a cheap signing. Only Welker got a huge deal from them and lived up to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar