United Football League

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Daves not here, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

http://www.ufl-football.com/

[​IMG] ... this league will go over like a lead balloon ... just like every other rival football league that has been started since the NFL/AFL merger

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

"REGISTRATION FORMS
    The UFL is currently soliciting information about players, coaches and agents that are interested in participating in our League."

and this is the most damning of all "Commissioner Huyghue"

Hartford, Las Vegas, Los Angeles Orlando, New York, San Francisco, Sacramento - but even this is a boast - "the UFL will have four teams playing in at least seven cities. These cities include Las Vegas/Los Angeles, New York/Hartford, Orlando and San Francisco/Sacramento."

and the kill shot - "the UFL kicks-off in October 2009" - nothing spells football success like going head to head against the NFL.

I'm think I might apply to be an agent. qualifications are pretty slim

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It's kind of surprising that so many different leagues have tried, and so many have failed. I thought the college-based league that tried to kick off last spring had a decent shot, but it never got off the ground. If the people buying into these things could get together and get more funding into it, it could potentially work. Football is king in American sports, and if a minor league could be seen as legitimate, it could develop well. With the demise of NFL Europe and Arena football, there have to be a lot of people available. Hard to see any of these succeding in the next few years though.

4. VY1022

VY1022 Practice Squad

Notice on the home page, the players on the top of the page that are blue and white. Well the number 3 picture looks like Chris Brown getting tackled.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

First of all any league like this cannot in any way shape of form go head to head with the NFL and college football and hope to succeed.

However, if they played their first game the 1st week of March and played an 8 week schedule with one final Championship game or something the league could be over before the first week May. Players from the league that get invited to NFl training camps would have a few weeks to rest and could still have a shot at making a roster. Heck, the NFL could even have a supplemental draft (just a round or two) where teams draft from the leagues pool of players or something. Not only would this help the league by making a developmental league of sorts but there would be more interest as well.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Mike Vick is going to get this thing going.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

And Pacman.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This league has already failed in so many ways. However I will put in limited time in watching this UFL develop. They've gotten real NFL players and coaches so maybe they can grab some real fans too. I'll give them a chance, but I'll never stop loving the Titans no matter what happens.

9. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Its gonna be hard for the UFL to succeed with a dash in its URL. Just saying...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar