Uniform change?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Jun 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

actually, it's not. Columbia blue was the official Houston Oilers blue. That much is true. However, back in '99 when they rolled out the new uni's the lighter shade of blue was tweaked just a bit and dubbed "Titan's Blue".

I don't have any problem with people calling it baby blue, columbia blue, or light blue. It's just that the Titans blue is a shade lighter than columbia blue.If you look all over the web you see Titan's blue being mistakenly referred to as light blue or columbia blue.

Here is a website that has it listed correctly.
    http://www.ssur.org/research/TeamCo...onalFootballLeague/NationalFootballLeague.htm
    also note that Silver is an official color. That's in reference to post #60

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It's perfectly fine to call the Titans' light blue "Columbia blue." They may have changed the official name of the color to "Titans blue," but they didn't change the color value at all. It's the same color, just with a different name. I don't know where you got the idea that they changed the color. That's not true. Colors sometimes look different on different fabrics, so it may just be that it looks like a slightly different shade because jerseys today aren't the same as jerseys from the Oilers era.

Also, silver may be an official color, but the Titans wearing silver uniforms would make as much sense as the Steelers wearing red or blue uniforms (both are official colors for the Steelers because they appear in the team's logo).

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

It is perfectly fine to call it Columbia Blue, I guess. I'm just saying that Columbia Blue is NOT Titans blue. The color value was tweaked. It was changed. It was not simply renamed. The link I provided recognizes both colors. They are different.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Does proof get any more conclusive?

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I don't want to argue about colors, but I will just clear this up for anyone who is curious. Columbia blue can be considered to be the exact same thing as Titans blue. Sec - a couple jpgs that you found online can hardly be used as evidence (since color values can change so much when image compression is used). The only thing that can really be used as evidence is the official team sheets that list the exact Pantone values of the colors. They are the same.

I think the issue is that the Houston Oilers changed the color value of "Columbia blue" a few times. For the year of the Tennessee Oilers, they used a color that was officially called "Columbia blue." When the team name changed to the Titans, the color stayed exactly the same but the name was changed to "Titans blue." Exact same color as Columbia blue, but a new name. That's why it's technically correct to call what the Titans currently wear "Columbia blue."

If you need proof, just look at the site that you cited as evidence earlier (http://www.ssur.org/research/TeamCo...onalFootballLeague/NationalFootballLeague.htm) , it is easy to see that Columbia blue (the 1998 version of Columbia blue, at least) and the current Titans blue are the same color. I won't post the Pantone values because teams don't like that and could potentially threaten legal action, but anyone with any graphical experience at all can clearly see that the colors are the same. Just extract the values and you'll see.

EDIT:
    I added an image so everyone can see. It's a .PNG so the colors should be the same as the official team sheet. As you can see, the shade of Columbia blue that was used by the Oilers for many years (but not the entire team history) is exactly the same shade as what the Titans currently use. They changed the name, but it's the same color.
    [​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I guess I got pwn3d.

[​IMG]

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah, columbia blue is just another name for "baby blue". Just less girly sounding.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it sounded better than Cumberland Blue ... which is more greenish-brown

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

With stuff floating in it.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

:ha: nice one. and disgusting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar