Undrafted Rookie Free Agents Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I found it:

"DD.com contributor Josh Buchanan reports Northwestern State wide receiver Dudley Guice will visit the Jacksonville Jaguars on April 13th and 14th. Guice has also attracted interest from New Orleans, Indianapolis, Miami and Baltimore."

Jacksonville had already taken Mike Thomas in 4, Jarett Dillard in 5, and tried to capture the rest of the Rutgers magic by taking Tiquan Underwood in 7.

Miami added Patrick Turner in 3 (good for him), Brian Hartline in 4, and TE John Nalbone in 5 (he's a pretty fast (4.6x) TE from Monmouth). Oh yeah, and they took Pat White in 2.

Baltimore only added TE Davon Drew. They may still be trying to workout a trade and not concerned with the depth.

Indianapolis only added Austin Collie, and like their depth I think.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

3. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

My brother-in-law coached a small NAIA school in Montgomery, AL called Faulkner University. They opened up with Samford last year. I went down to B'ham to watch the game, which was a thrashing, and got to watch Mortensen. I'm sorry to say, the kid can't play. I don't know why we picked him up. The only reason I can come up with is to get some more airtime on ESPN.

4. chronbrownie012

chronbrownie012 Starter

And the very entertaining race he'll have with CJ every day during Training camp!

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Quantity over quality.

6. chronbrownie012

chronbrownie012 Starter

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I know. It was misprint. That was the joke. Sorry for not explaining that.

8. fryjr

fryjr The FREAK!!!!

Mitch King DL Iowa did sign. I am a huge Hawkeye fan so I have watched every one of Mitch's games. The kid is small for a DT but he has a motor that will not quit. I will be very surprised if Mitch doesn't contribute this year. He is a perfect fit to bring in for passing situations. I was very surprised he wasn't drafted but this will just put a huge chip on Mitch's shoulder... :grrhee:

9. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Titans Add Eight UDFAs to the Roster

SUMMARY: The Tennessee Titans added eight undrafted players to the roster today including Alex Mortensen who was a backup quarterback at Samford and then Arkansas, Northwestern State receiver Dudley Guice, New Mexico running back Rodney Ferguson, McNeese State cornerback Jeremy Haynes, Iowa defensive tackle Mitch King, South Carolina State receiver Phillip Morris, South Florida guard Ryan Schmidt and Ohio State punter A.J. Trapasso.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar