Underwood on 104.5

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Jan 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rekirts

rekirts Starter

At first I blamed Underwood but it seems it was forced on him by Amy. Still shouldn't have raised expectations of a real competitive interview.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

'This team is not for sale!"

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 2
  3. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

I still don't like him...

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Underwood just needs to STFU. Only chit comes out of that dust mop.

Titans considered interviewing playoff coordinators

I found this tidbit particularly insulting:

The Titans considered interviewing coordinators from some of the playoff teams for their head-coach position, but ultimately chose to go in a different direction, team president and CEO Steve Underwood said Tuesday.

The Titans could have reached out to coordinators from teams with playoff byes — such as New England’s Josh McDaniel or Matt Patricia, or Carolina’s Mike Shula or Sean McDermott — during their bye week.

But at that point, the Titans still didn’t have a general manager in place and were in the midst of conducting interviews to fill that job.

“We did discuss that possibility,” Underwood said in an interview with The Tennessean. “But I think by then (controlling owner Amy Adams Strunk) had become focused on trying to get the general manager role resolved. We had set up those interviews.”

Really? So it took everybody by surprise that Webster wasn't going to be renewed? It took that long to land JR? You're going to now try to spin that the plan WAS to interview others during the bye week but "Amy" thought it best to bear down on the GM hire during the only plausible week to interview others?

Mother Fing Crime in Italy! This chitbag family doesn't know when to just shut up.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I think that statement about QB whisperer ticked me off the most. Come up with some better spin than that, pathetic.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  6. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

This is the worst justifying statement possible. I hate how he is sticking by the fact that he loses close games as a positive. If you can't win a close game you aren't a good coach.

A coach should say that he wins the close games and that the games he loses have just been due to big differences in talent.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]
    Tally Ho!

8. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

For those who say this isnt his fault, I can understand where you are coming from and somewhat agree. I throw that out the window when I think about the Press Conference and how completely out of touch he seems to be with EVERYTHING but especially the fanbase. "QB Whisperer" that was a TE coach for instance.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  9. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

Lol yeah that qb whisperer thing got me too

10. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

We don't need someone to whisper, we need someone who can riot on the field and take over any stadium in the country. Stake it and claim it, don't whisper about it.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar