UNC Guard Jon Cooper drawing heavy interest from Titans

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

So I've been thinking about this a lot.

Assume we do go guard. (No matter what we do people are gonna *****) I think the choice is absolutely the beast that is Warmack. Anyone described as a mauler, a beast, a potential hall of famer, a ROAD GRADER, a cornerstone for a national title line is someone we want.

The arguments for cooper is like devils advocate...well he's fast and might fit the scheme better! No. He may be marginally faster than Warmack and these guys can learn new schemes. Because he had a great pro day people are talking him up but there's really no debate. One played for a crappy North Carolina team and the other one was a soul masher for the nation champs.
    Questions?

2. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

So I've been thinking about this a lot.

Assume we do go guard. (No matter what we do people are gonna *****) I think the choice is absolutely the beast that is Warmack. Anyone described as a mauler, a beast, a potential hall of famer, a ROAD GRADER, a cornerstone for a national title line is someone we want.

The arguments for cooper is like devils advocate...well he's fast and might fit the scheme better! No. He may be marginally faster than Warmack and these guys can learn new schemes. Because he had a great pro day people are talking him up but there's really no debate. One played for a crappy North Carolina team and the other one was a soul masher for the nation champs.
    Questions?

3. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

2009 says differently.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

And we have won how many championships by not drafting an OL in the top 10?

5. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Did last year not open our eyes to how vital a great OL is? We got manhandled at the line of scrimmage consistently all year long. This is the most important position right now as far as the Titans are concerned.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

"If you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it". This saying means nothing to some people.

7. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Well you said nothing about those in your other post which is what I was referring to you only speculated that Cooper has the work ethic and intangibles that put him ahead of Warmack which was an assumption and not factual unless you have something to back it up which I have yet to see/hear.

8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Well you just answered your own question as to why he won't go #1.

CJs best attribute is his speed and getting in the open field regardless of scheme if you run it well it doesn't matter who your RB or what kind of RB you have he will be successful. His first two years were a power scheme so compare those years to his last 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar