UNC Guard Jon Cooper drawing heavy interest from Titans

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

we think two people in the top 20 will use their first round picks on guards? I highly doubt it. Watch these guys sink like rocks on the draft boards, if we aren't stupid enough to draft one of them at 10.

If they wanna trade back to 20 or so and stockpile picks, and get one of them, I'm ok with that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I can't imagine any scenario where Warmack falls to 20, if he does, we better be trying to get back into the 1st round to take him, he's a future HoF and he hasn't played a single down yet, he's gonna go 10 to us or before

3. nickmsmith

Future HOF? Already? That's awfully bold. If someone was a surefire HOF, they'd be #1 overall... no questions asked.

Titans have had 2 HOF Olinemen in this generation. How many championships between them?

HOF QBs win super bowls. HoF Guards have nice careers.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Plenty of folks think Warmack should go No.1 overall.

5. nickmsmith

Hopefully he does so we can take an impact player. I know linemen are vital.. but I don't think it's necessary to use high dollar picks on them. I would bet there were 5 free agents out there last year that could have outperformed our OL.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I'm just opposed to any guard in the first. We would have a lot invested in our guards, which are the least important position on the team.

I want to see us get a bona fide defensive star. Someone we can build around. I'd vote ansah, our rhodes or Milner.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Here's the thing; Munchak doesn't care about a guy who can be a big playmaker in two years like Ansah if he gets fired after 2013. This pick is going to be something safe and makes an instant impact.

As much as I don't really like it because I don't think guard represents value at #10 and this draft is incredibly deep at the position, the more I think about it I think we go guard. There aren't any standout stars with an incredibly weak top half of a first round, so I think they take the sure thing.

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Also to be honest outside of Star i'm not sure any of these defensive players that are projected to go in the top 10-15 are slam dunk, bona-fide guys. Dion Jordan is probably the closest but there are questions about whether he can be more than just a speed rusher. If a Patrick Peterson or Suh or Von Miller was there then yes I would agree with you guys but that's not the case this year, there are questions about every defensive "stud".

Like it or not the Guards and Tackles are the closest thing to a slam dunk we have. We don't need to reach for a guy with potential with our #10, we need a safe pick that will be ready day one and pay dividends later. We have the other rounds to pick up athletes. You can get away with drafting guys who might bust a lot more if your O-line is solidified.

Think of it this way, if we solidify our line now we can take BPA for at least the next 3 drafts. This year's draft isn't very top heavy anyways so BPA doesn't get you the bang for your buck it usually does. Next year will be a much more talented draft class. I'll take Sammy Watkins/Marquise Lee/CJ Mosley over any of the guys in the top 10-15 this year. Put the down payment on the house now, buy the Bugatti later.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

we will never be a power scheme with cj...zone blocking is the best to his attributes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar