UNC Guard Jon Cooper drawing heavy interest from Titans

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I guess we see different things then. From what i've watched Cooper doesn't just wall guys off, he drives them back to open huge holes in the running game.He's also an amazing reach blocker. The majprity of big runs UNC had were behind Cooper. But it is what it is, trying to convince you guys is a losing battle. I'd be happy with either but I obviously have my preference.

2. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

Just the all around work ethic, production on the field, intangibles - that all makes Cooper the better fit for the Titans.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Do you know if Chance doesn't do these things or are you just pitching Cooper who I would be willing to bet is not the #1 OG on anybodies board.

4. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

I like the idea of taking SEC talent over ACC talent.. those guys are more proven, generally have better conditioning, and are safer picks. While Cooper's athleticism may be useful in a spread/read type offense we might run, I wouldn't feel too good about passing up such a dominate and proven SEC guard for one with question marks.

5. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I'm not even in favor of a G at 10 but if we do that it better be Chance. Warford at 39 is better value than both though. He graded out at 90.3 on the year by his team very similar to Cooper and didn't allow a sack all year which is incredible because run blocking is his bread and butter. 8 knockdowns against Kent State that is half of what Cooper had on the entire year in one game. Weak competition sure but Cooper played teams like Elon so.....

6. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

I say that because Cooper's combine and pro day performances were the best all-around at his position. His speed is unbelievable for a 300 pound guy. Those kind of things display work ethic at its finest. He is under the radar because of the fact that Warmack is from Alabama. I like Warmack, but right now he is just meeting everyone's expectations. Cooper is exceeding expectations, and that is the type of guy you want on your team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. xhrr

xhrr Starter

so pure speculation which is what I assumed. If you want to fall for Cooper over Warmack due to workouts go ahead I judge OG on tape in pads not in tights.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Rather go guard in the 2nd but if we had to go 1st then Cooper is the better fit if we're going with a zone scheme.

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

The SEC does not have a monopoly on talent. They may have the best teams but talent comes from every where. Barret Jones played well in the SEC for years he must be better than Cooper too.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

Pretty sure that the combine and pro days are the farthest thing from speculation. It is nothing but stats on paper, which help organize player strengths & weaknesses. Now granted they don't show a players on field production, but think about this: Warmack had much more quality linemen playing around him. And he never switched around.

You just wait and see what happens on draft day. Cooper is rising at the right time, and I think he's the Titans guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar