UNC Guard Jon Cooper drawing heavy interest from Titans

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Good, I think

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I could live with this, Cooper is up there with me.

4. KyTitansFan

After watching these vids, I am convinced that Cooper is a better player for the Titans than Warmack.

Warmack:

Cooper:

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

He should be drawing this much interest.He is better thank Warmack and better for our team. Warmack still an animal though, let's not get it twisted.

6. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

I've been saying it all along. Cooper is the Titans kind of guy. I say they go for him over Warmack. Don't see any guards going before 10.

7. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

I believe we are moving more to a power scheme and this is where Warmack excels. He is the mauler at guard that we have been missing since the Benji Olson/ Zach Piller days. Cooper is a quality player, but I believe we signed our athletic guard the first day of free agency. Now we need to put a monster at the other guard spot.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. KyTitansFan

I have read that we ran a more power scheme under Palmer and are moving back to the zone scheme we ran under Dinger now that Loggains is in command.

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I don't think Warmack is much more powerful than Cooper. People see that Cooper is faster so they assume he must also be weaker.He isn't. Warmack gets blown up just as much it's just that for some reason it's not talked about. Also the ability to get to the second level is crucial in any running scheme you implement. Warmack struggled to make those blocks in college, Cooper excelled at it. In the NFL where the game is much faster, I expect Warmack to miss even more of those blocks. Cooper can get blown back but he's a gamer and will adjust, watch the Maryland tape for proof.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

The play at 1:40 is insane

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar