Unbiased opinion straight from Big D on Tennessee

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Jun 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

This may very well be the way many people view the Titans Organization.

2. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

Every team in the NFL has made a bad public relations move. Funny how quickly people get over it after a few wins. Mac didn't like that his sucessor was drafted in the first round...Had been paid a fortune, with a cap number no team could have endured...Didn't want a pay cut that reflected his true worth...and to my amazement convinced Baltimore he was worth an insane amount of money....

I have stated that I have nothing but love for Steve Mac the man...but McNair the player is done...

He will not lead Baltimore to a superbowl or anything close...In time Tennessee will look like the wise ones who knew when the party was over...and Mac might just be refered to as Baltimore's $30 million mistake. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

3. Overalls

Overalls Starter

It is.

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

so what if they do. Every team has at one time been there. It will blow over

5. Enoch

Enoch Guest

Winless without Mcnair? That is a very very very large misconception of what Mcnair has meant to us the past two years. He is entitled to his opinion, but the reason we locked him out was because Cook refused to renegotiate and we did not want to be on the hook for 23.5 million on a player that is GOING to not maybe GOING to get hurt.

6. i like him as a person, but as a football player, his time is up, and this will all blow over once we get vince in the game and start dominating

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

then they should probably do more research. Fact is the Titans wanted McNair to stay, McNair however didn't want to stay, he wanted to follow the :greedy:

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I would say that opinion is varied amongst the people here.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I never said it wasn't a misconception. I just said that it is a common perception. Keep in mind that I beat that post out of a Cowboy fan and it stuck me as something that I have heard all too often. I understand the situation fully now especially in light of it being over with... I just wanted to point out that most people do not care enough to do the research and have already formed their opinion. Whether it is justified or not is immaterial to the fact that the organization has taken a black eye over this... even if we are better off.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Titans wanted him to stay on their terms which wasn't realistic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar