Smack Ugh-oh, Webster making dumb moves.....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

That may be but the constant demise of the team is more annoying. We are what we are for a reason. And many, including myself, assign a large part of the responsibility to Webster.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

We are what we thought we were

#122 Ontario Titan, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. Thefreak

Thefreak Shut Down Corner

Here is my take on the offseason, take it for what it's worth...

The vast majority of us have no clue what a good pickup is. We don't know what the coaches are implementing in their game plans and we certainly don't know whether a player will be a good fit based on our scheme or not.

Since I can remember the majority of Titan fans have called the organization cheap based off of the fact that we never went after big name free agents nor retained some of our own guys(despite the fact that these guys rarely ever produce on their new teams). When the team finally does start to spend the fans are happy for that offseason and when the results are less than spectacular we all start to ***** and moan and claim that we knew these were bad pickups.

Unless you have an established franchise quarterback, free agency should be treated like a swap meet/flea market, essentially you pick up junk for pennies and everyonce in a while you find a KVB or Wycheck.

4. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

And we let us off the hook!

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

What you say is true but the vast majority of us are not paid to get it right. Webster makes good money for a thus far poor performance. People who are PSL holders are on the hook each year to continue to pay into the organization (and his salary) therefore it is legitimate for those people to complain when things have been run poorly. All criticism of Webster (and a few others) is warranted regardless of whether or not those critiquing are able to perform the job better.

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

And see that's fine. We all understand the fact that this team is a wreck and Webster hasn't instilled any hope.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Sadly they are exactly accurate on their assessment. We're doomed into Webster gets the can. Hopefully a new CEO/President will give him the can.

8. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Bad when multiple sports sites list webster as the worst GM in the NFL...yet fans defending him.

I bet ownership really loves that the only Titans exposure on ESpn (the grantland article about the #2) highlights the ineptitude of Websters term as GM.

9. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Whose defending him? IDK how you can.

Genuine question...not rhetorical.

10. Thefreak

Thefreak Shut Down Corner

While I agree with you that this is a rudderless ship and the organization is a mess, I feel like posts where we are complaining about the current offseason is pointless. We can complain about how the past few offseasons played out or whom we could/should have drafted but to complain about the present offseason is pointless as most of us here have proven for a fact that we have no clue.

I have zero confidence at all with our front office and I am extremely frustrated with the product that we are putting out there but it is what it is. Until Mett proves that he is Bradysberger or we find our franchise Qb we will suck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar