UFC 2009 Undisputed Demo...

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by BigRed3, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

http://www.gamepro.com/article/features/210231/ufc-2009-undisputed-poised-to-ko-the-competition/

Great feature on UFC 2009, complete with a lot of screenshots. I've been playing the hell out of this demo, and I think that i've gotten the controls and strategies pretty much down. I still haven't been able to figure out the submission system, I know how to attempt a submission, I just haven't been able to finish one. I went ahead and pre ordered from GameStop the other day because you get two extra fighters when you reserve it, and i'm going to be picking it up at midnight on monday night/tuesday morning.

2. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

BR, i'd cancel that preorder from Gamestop, you get those same characters 90 days after launch for free, and they are just 2 guys from the Ultimate Fighter from last season, Vinny and someone.

If you preorder from Amazon you can get it delivered to your house May 19th, the day it comes out and it's actually cheaper than $60 by a little, I think mine was $57 with release date delivery.
    ________
    UPSKIRT SEX

3. BigRed3

Yeah I saw that Amazon deal after I had already pre-ordered from GameStop. I'm not all that worried about it though. It did kinda anger me that they announced the deal literally the day after I ordered it.

4. BigRed3

http://www.gamepro.com/article/reviews/210243/ufc-2009-undisputed-ps3/

First review is in. However, it's written by someone who's apparently a huge fan of MMA. He gives it glowing praise though. Of course, a review is just someone's opinion and shouldn't be heavily relied on (had to say that before we had the whole "game reviews are rigged" discussion).

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

FNR4 Demo > UFC 2009 Undisputed

And it's not even close. I found the former to be really clunky and totally uninteresting; I haven't seen a more uninspiring striking gaming aspect since the damn Smackdown series :ha:.

Meanwhile, FNR4 has really fine-tuned the elements of its respective sport. While not perfect (I still have a lot of complaints), it at least FEELS closer to its sport than Undisputed does.

To be fair, MMA is a tougher sport to get right AND make it feel fun. While the FN series has struggled to find that line, I think it's found a reasonable balance between fun and realism; no longer am I landing 68% of my punches! The physics system in FN is the real deal.

6. BigRed3

Is the FNR4 Demo already out?

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Preorder the game at Gamestop today, and they'll hand over the demo codes.

8. BigRed3

I pre-ordered it the other day, and they said they would e-mail the demo codes. Just checked my inbox, and there's nothing.

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I got mine personally on a card. I had to ask to see the manager because the kid was new and didn't seem to know they even existed. The problem with Gamestop is that most of their employees are pretty uninformed on the corporate promotions.

EDIT: I pre-ordered it today, and apparently they just got the codes today. If you have time, check back at the Gamestop you preordered it at.

10. BigRed3

Yeah, I had to go up there to get the card. Just got back, now i'm just waiting for the demo to download. Should be pretty awesome. It's been way too long since they put out another Fight Night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar