UFC:172 Jon "Bones" Jones vs Glover Teixeira

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Dee, Apr 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

and are you trying to tell me there's only been one rematch.. ever?

Edgar vs Maynard x20
    Lesnar vs Mir x2
    Griffin vs Bonnar x2
    Griffin vs Ortiz x3
    Silva vs Sonnen x2
    Silva vs Weidman x2

this is off the top of my head.. and I haven't even used Randy Coutre and his stupid amount of rematches.. nor have I used Bj Penn, Matt Huges or St. Pierre..

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

No there have been a lot of rematches. Some of those fights were warranted and needed to be rematched though. It's not like a fight card is going to have 5 rematches.

I mean really, how many fight cards even have a single rematch?

At worst, 1 in 3? So 1 out of 15 PPV/Fox fights?

3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Well when it's just scrubs vs scrubs or rematches, it gets old.. and it got old fairly quick. Think I lasted like 3-4 years, max.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm kind of with you. Like I said, I'm still really interested in some fights the cards are just too thin. Don't care what Dana says, watching 135lb guys fight is not very entertaining to me.

I wish they would do something like Strikeforce did and have a tournament style set-up where winner gets a championship fight. Do it with guys ranked like 9-16 and have plenty of extra fill-in fights where people can be replaced; stick to a schedule. Would add a lot of interest to the fights for me. Plus I like the idea of a guy fighting his way to the championship.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar