U.S. Open - Tiger going for another

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Jun 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Rocco did himself proud.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I played golf every day of one of my summers from school, but that very could be why I dislike it today. Got burnt out on it, plus it came way too easy for me to ever get excited about.
    And I still pair up with my uncle from time to time. He wins all the tourneys around this area, so he just carries me, and never needs a good partner to beat anyone. But he never misses the puts that these guys on tv miss. Thats why I don't get it.
    He was supposed to be going pro, but I don't know. That's all he does is golf. Goes to pebble beach, and all those types of courses.

anyway, here's a funny article on the Tiger situation:

http://www.east-coast-bias.com/2008/06/tiger-woods-inspiration-to-us-all.html
    "Sure, NFL players bounce back from having their knees scoped in 6 weeks all the time, but this is golf"

3. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

My dad also never misses putts inside 10 feet and he shoots in the 80's. I usually miss a couple putts a round inside 10 feet and i'm a scratch. If my dad was playing in a pga tournament though I guarantee he would be missing more putts. You have never seen your uncle putt on greens like they were putting on this week either. And just because your uncle goes to pebble beach does not mean he's good at golf, a guy who shoots 120 can go to pebble.

4. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Did anyone see that the us open tv ratings from 7-9 p.m. et yesterday was better than the nba finals?

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

That was great golf. I think only Tigers 2005 putt at the end was better theater than this US open. I watched all day today and the drama was as good as this years superbowl. Good stuff. The Tiger birdie on 18 to push it was intense. It's not even human for Tiger to be making those putts. Just sick. He's the most dominant athlete in the world. When he makes putts like that and the other great golfers miss the exact same putt by feet it shows you just how dominant he is. They tried to put him away two or three times this weeked and he bit back eveytime.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Tiger pretty much played on 1 leg and beat the field. He's amazing.

7. Deuce Wayne

Yes. It's understood that anyone can go to Pebble. I guess you're just reaching for an argument. The guy wins every tourney he plays in almost. It's what he does.

Anyway - vince, his leg should have been perfectly fine by now. I think it's more impressive that the nobody hung with him.

8. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

There's been talk he could have a torn acl or mcl in that left knee. If that's the case then he should have been out a lot longer. He said afterwards his doctors had told him not to play but he still did.

The only reason i'm arguing about your uncle is your certainly biased to his golf game. Is he winning pro tournaments or your typical scramble golf tournaments with buddies? I typically can win some little small tournaments here and there but when I went to the open qualifying this year I threw up an 83, believe it or not the pressure gets to you.

9. Deuce Wayne

Scramble tourneys, and not "with his buddies". Tournaments usually consist of mostly strangers.
    And I'm not bias. I couldn't care less about someone being good at the least athletic "sport" on earth. He does also have the best shot (basketball) that I've ever seen though. That one's worth mentioning.

10. mdfan

mdfan Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar