U.S. Open - Tiger going for another

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Jun 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

That was a pretty impressive run of holes yesterday, and an impressive run of holes the day before to bring Tiger all the way back. Down 5 with a couple of holes left, he ends the day with the lead. He's clearly hurt. And he's making some incredible shots. Today should be good television for the Tiger fans, and for those who are not fans, he will be playing head to head with a pretty steady golfer. Gonna be a good one just as soon as the sun rises and Tiger tees off.

I for one, hope he wins. Should be good drama.

[​IMG]

2. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

He truly seems like he is in a lot of pain, not playing it up.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

:barf:

I never root for Tiger.

That was probably the most amazing back 9 I have ever witnessed though.

Tiger's never come from behind on sunday, and he's never lost in a major when having the lead going into a sunday.

All good things come to an end?

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The answer is: All good things go one extra day.

I feel like Tiger played well, but about as bad as Tiger can play. I would not expect Tiger to play at a sub par level tomorrow. Mediate played a good match, but if you are basically an unranked player, you have to question whether or not he can hold out against the #1 player for yet another 18. Rocco is not here by mistake. He played 4 days at this level, he can do it for one more, I just don't anticipate he will be able to do it. Hopefully the Tee time is late and I get home to watch it in primetime.

5. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I think tiger should win this no doubt but mediate is not your average unranked player. The guy would have been a great golfer if it wasn't for all the injuries in his career. His talent when healthy is probably right around a top 20 or 30 guy. Tee times at 11 central I believe, should be fun to watch.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

wow, tiger is awesome

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Tiger better be doing backflips and getting hole in 1s without the ball touching anything but the cup if I'm going to watch golf.
    Don't you guys have any grass you could watch grow? This junk was on at work and it was the most unimpressive "impressive" show ever. I dunno. I can't get excited about a guy hitting a ball 3 times in to a hole. And I laugh every time i see a pro golfer miss an 8 yard put.
    Tiger was looking more fit though. Almost like...an...athlete??

8. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Do you think they should be making all 24 foot putts? Not sure if you've ever played golf (guessing not) but your average golfer maybe makes one 20+ footer a round.

And I think Tiger's trying to get into better shape so he can maybe be a little more marketable. He's been struggling for endorsements and he thinks maybe if he gets himself looking like an athlete people will forget he plays golf.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm pulling for Rocco. :yes:

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Golfs about patience and is very much a mental game. People that only want action won't enjoy it. And if you play golf, it adds a lot of respect to what the professionals can do, that the average golfer can't. Man, I normally play with a buddy that's a scratch golfer, and for me it's amazing just to watch him play sometimes. And then when your someone like me (about a 20 handicap that doesn't play often) and I have a great day, or even an amazing stretch, it makes it worth it.

What Tiger did on the back 9 saturday was one of the most amazing things I have seen in my life.

Go Rocco! I hope he wins too. Seems to have a good attitude, but it will be tough for him to win going heads up vs Tiger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar