U Play GM - Titans # 1 Need?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Nov 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Ok so looking at the Titans depth chart, theres holes everywhere that need to be addresed.

Besides throwing actual names of college players around (still way to early to know exactly whose coming out and where in the draft each team will be)

So if you were the GM of the Titans and "all things considered were even in the NFL 2012 Draft"

meaning; every position qb, wr, dt etc were equal across the board ...

What position would the Titans need to address in order from rounds 1, 2 and 3.

I'm going 1-CB, 2-LB, 3- best available RB or WR

QB - SET

RB - BIG NEED

WR - BIG NEED

OL- NEED

DL- NEED

LB- BIG NEED

CB/S- BIG NEED

S/T - SET

This would be my list but the question comes whats the most important to go after early.

I think drafting a running back early would not be a safe bet with all things considered. Would love to see Matt Forte come here if Chicago decides to be cheap and not sign him, but then again Chicago and Tennessee may be the cheapest teams in the leagues when it comes to NOT signing their guys or procrastinating on doing it.

I keep wanting the Titans to draft a cornerback early and I was pushing hard for Prince Amukamara and who knows he could still be a stud we just wont know until next year ...

I dont see them drafting another receiver 1st round again since there was decade long drought or so between Dyson and Britt.

So if not a defensive back then it has to be a linebacker. A stud middle linebacker is something the Titans have always lacked and only Bulluck has been the only memorable "name" LB the Titans have ever had so maybe its time for a stud in the middle.

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

every position is a concern at this point..

I'd say OL and DL are the biggest though..

3. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Well I just posted my latest mock, but to answer your question.

1.Stud MLB.
    2. O-line, preferably a center, Harris could be serviceable with a decent Center in the middle.
    3. WR or DT. Depends who falls. I leant towards WR, because we are so poor in that area. Would take a DT and a DE soon after the first three rounds.

Safety would be the problem.
    I think we resign Griifin, and try to find a SS from somewhere. There are a few interesting prospects but nothing you could consider an immediate upgrade over babineaux. If Tommie Campbell can get a shot there, he could be worth a go.

Disagree with your analysis of the RB postion. We dont need one ,we need better blockers. Plus you can find all kinds of speedy RB in the UDFA section.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

clearly the NFL Nazis need stricter adherance to the fan conduct policy, and the beer should be colder considering the prices they charge. Our RB is more concerned with dreads on a stick than the little guy is with winning, need to convert the fellow to P/KO coverage units and let him use that speed, if he still has any.

OL took up Buddhism in the offseason and that needs changed. Parking is good, but its like a mile from the stadium and there was no gameday handout sunday, at least at my gate.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

O-Line
    WR (depending on Britt's recovery)
    D-Line
    Linebacker

I would probably go Linebacker, D-Line, O-Line, Wide Receiver in order of importance.

6. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

On offense WR and RB preferably top notch early in the draft to set up Locker with weapons on a as of now anemic offense.If this WR pans out and Britt comes back strong along with a bruising RB we could have a potent offense.

On defense draft at position of need such as LB or DL and maybe bring in a veteran or two in free agency.

If everything falls into place and we fill in the gaps properly through the draft and free agency and Locker plays well we could be very good next season.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

CENTER.

End tread.

• High Five High Five x 7
  8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

OL and DL are smaller needs than RB? Good joke thread dude :grrhee:

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Find an answer at Center and the guards play will improve, running game will improve.

Find a great pair of defensive tackles and the whole defense improves.
    The ends job gets easier, LB's and Secondary improve. When you can consistently put pressure on the pocjket with your front 4 it masks a lot of weaknesses in other players behind them.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

From a draft perspective i think Dont'a Hightower would be a guy who can make a major impact on the whole defense at MLB. If we could even get him. I guess it depends on how they think of McCarthy and if he can be an improvement on Ruud. They said they want bigger people up front well he is 6'4 260.

We might have to look for a free agent to improve our defensive line and hope that Morgan improves. I would resign Jason Jones.

Defenitely need to address the interior o-line in rounds 2-4. And somewhere in there we need another WR though a trade or free agent pick up of a known commodity might be the best way to get a WR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar