U of Miami investigation.....Whoa

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Chapparal97, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Certainly, but if it's an elite player and you think the team will do anything other than sit them for more than half, you're crazy.

You also have to look at the age group. Most kids that age think they're invincible, regardless of academic/athletic standing.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

agreed, still say they are adequately compsentated for playing sports. Up too them too take advantage.

3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

saying that players get a $30,000 a year education for free as their payment for services is a moot point because education shouldn't cost nearly that much to begin with.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Here's an easy solution to keep this from continuing; encourage the certain bunch of players on each team that don't want to make the most of their scholarships to simply bypass college all together and enter the CFL. They'll get the experience needed to get to the NFL, and they'll get paid.

5. XO

XO Nevada Native

To keep this from continuing? The players are not the problem!

It is the greedy NCAA and every major university in the country!

They are running a muliti million dollar sports league under a false label of amateurism.

You know why they don't want to pay the players?
    To keep college football the pristine amateur model that it isn't?
    No! They just don't split up the pie.

It is nothing but GREED.

These players provide a service to the university and are not reimbursed for it.

6. XO

XO Nevada Native

Solution

Let players accept a scholarship or sign a yearly contract with a paid salary. Players getting a salary will be responsible for paying for school on their own with scholarships, loans ect.

Open up players to get endorsement deals and at least let them be able to sell their OWN signature.

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Its Ray Lewies fault.

8. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Once again, how will you regulate this? Do you honestly think this will get rid of the boosters who pay players "under the table?"

9. XO

XO Nevada Native

I'd let each university set their salary levels. Creates competition. Believe it or not everything doesn't require regulation. Markets can regulate themselves.

My goal isn't to get rid of boosters and benefits. I don't blame the players for taking everything they can get. I do think it could help.

I want to see the current crooked system we have brought to an end.

The boosters are not the bad guys. The universities, conferences and NCAA are.

The players deserve to be compensated fairly.

10. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

I see... I'm not going to argue with you. Your moral compass is all screwed up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar