tyrone calico

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansman10, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansman10

titansman10 Guest

does anyone else think we should of kept calico? i think he had a lot of potential being 6'4 220 lbs running 4.34 40 yard dash and having a 38' vertical leap. i think with time and coaching he could've been a major weapon for this titans offense. i would welcome calico back with open arms especially with heimerdinger back. dinger has been said to be good at coaching big receivers, what do you think?

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Tj's picture accurately sums up my feelings on this as well.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

if he was any good, don't you think someone would have picked him up in the last 18 months?

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

That's the funniest April fool's yet! :ha:

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

We killed Calico by forcing him back on to the field before he was ready, so he was re-injured.
    People here will act like he couldn't catch, and that was the reason for his career ending, but those that watched knew better. Injuries got him. Sucks, because he was showing a lot of promise when on the field.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Puhleeze. He had bad hands his rookie season and bum wheels after that. He never injured his hands- that was why he was cut- not his legs.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think he made a lot of strides with his hand during his first full off-season here. you could tell in the pre-season. then roy williams broke his knees and he never looked comfortable again.

but he was never sure-handed.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Running a 4.34 40 Calico was worth keeping despite being raw with questionable hands. If he lost a step and confidence after the knee injuries now you have a guy with 4.5 speed, raw with questionable hands and no confidence.

I felt Calico needed a second chance but now that he has had a look by a few other teams and didn't stick it makes me think the Titans were justified in letting him go.

10. reo

reo Starter

Calico didn't care to put the effort in like a lot of titans that were on the roster at that time.

One of the best things of the post-Reese era is more competition at every position. No complacency. You get better or someone takes your spot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar