Typical Jeff Fisher Style Loss

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Eddyc85, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

How's that "keep it close win in the end" strategy working out. Yea I know we had injuries but something tells me a Titans team without Britt and Young for a half is still better than the Rams and Raiders, just my opinion. But right after we take the lead what happens? 3 and out, give up the lead, 3 and out. Typical Jeff Fisher loss.

And how about the loss to Denver? You know the team who lost to Oakland by about 50 and just lost to the Troy Smith 49ers today. Both of these losses are UNACCEPTABLE! I know great teams lose to bad teams all the time but they do it by just playing poorly and making mistakes or whatever, not by sitting on leads and just not knowing what to do. How do you get outcoached by Josh McDaniels and Norn Turner two of the worst coaches in the league? I'm so sick of these kind of losses. Worst part is, it's become so predictable. Right after that 3 and out after we took the lead I said, "Well here we go, Jeff Fisher is going to just sit on the lead." And following the next San Diego tocuhdown I said we had no chance of winning and winning would have been out of reach had they not botched the extra point, we basically lost by 2 possessions after having a 3rd quarter lead. And 1-10 how shocked am I? Probably a -4.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I didn't see the typical Jeff Fisher sit on a lead really in this game too much, our big problem was our horrible defense gameplan. We noticed that Rivers threw 15 passes in the first half all short within 10 yards and we did nothing to counteract that. I don't even remember seeing more than 1 play where Phillip threw more than 15 yards besides the long Gates TD. Probably why we didn't force any turnovers because every pass was 5 yards to an open guy who could then get 3-4 more yards after the catch. :irked:

3. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

How did we sit on the lead exactly???? We threw it a ton in the second half. Jeff Fisher diddnt make Young overthrow CJ on the 2pt attempt, or Griffin hold Gates on the pick six or CJ drop the easy first down at the end. Watch the game before you make the typical, stupid "it's fisher's fault" posts.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Cecil's over aggressive D couldn't stop the screens all day and did nothing to adjust to them. If we don't get to the QB in his system, we are in trouble.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yep, Jeff Fisher's 36 passes vs 15 runs is just typical Fisher. It wouldn't be the 50% completion % or the defense couldn't stop anyone in the 2nd half would it?

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

This is the most frustrating game i have seen in a long time. Honestly, this game has nothing to do with Fisher. It's all on the Defense. We played against nobody today and we couldn't stop them for nothing.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Reality check bro. Get one. It's the NFL, Teams lose. You didn't lose anything.
    There's 8 more games.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No it wasn't a typical jeff fisher loss and there was no "keep it close" strategy" that is stupid. Either you did not watch the game or you don't know what you are watching.

We had 36 passes to 17 running plays. We threw deep many times. We only kicked one field goal all game.

Our defense sucked and that is why we lost. we can't run the ball worth a damn and the only time CJ gets a good run is when he bebops all over the field.

Bad defense and no blocking on running plays is not a strategy.

Bad enough to lose a tough game but we have to read a bunch of hater posts who can't tell one game from the other. Our offense is wide open and we still get the "too predictable" complaint.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

This could be one of the dumbest threads of all time. We lost because the defense couldn't get off the field and we couldn't run the ball. How can anyone say this was a Jeff Fisher like coached game? The offense opened up the passing game but simply didn't have many opportunities in the 2nd half because our defense couldn't get off the field.

The only beef I have with the coaching was we didn't make adjustments on defense. They had one play maker who could catch the ball and we totally failed to slow the guy down. About the only time Gates wasn't a factor was when he wasn't on the field. With all their injuries at WR Gates was all they had. Also, Griff has to play Gates like a CB playing a WR and back pedal and break on the ball. I have no idea what he was trying to do by going for every fake Gates made. Gates made him look like a grade school kid. Then we let the guy get behind the defense with Spoon covering Gates. What were they thinking?

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

even tho we lost, i like what i saw in this game. jeff is finally getting the young talent involved and taking deep shots. Britt and DWill are going to be like boldin and fitzgerald in their prime. VYs deep ball is on point. We fizzled out in the second half and the VY injury just sealed the deal. plus SD is a great team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar