Two Titans Battling for MLB Starter Spot

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well, gloat, that does sound like a more reasonable statement. However, why do you think Tulluch has more potential? While I'm inclined to agree with it, I don't think it's a foregone conclusion. Mostly, I don't know enough about Fowler, and haven't seen that much of Tulluch. Tulluch's younger, is that enough of a justification? Fowler has actually showed more talent on special teams, shouldn't we assume that at some point that can transition to the rest of the game, and shouldn't that effect the equation?

I do agree with Gunny though, even if your point is true. Tulluch could have all the potential in the world, and if he can't get it together on the field, it isn't worth anything. Look at the giant DT the saints signed, Walter Thomas. The guy had amazing measurables, but has had some off field troubles, and can't get it together. He wasn't in condition for camp when he did get another chance. Potential can only take you so far.

2. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

If only that were the case. His contract will give Fowler a huge edge from day 1.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah, Gunny's "logic" would almost make sense, IF Tulluch didn't look pretty good his rookie year.

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

You sure make a lot of smart*** comments regarding a player whose name you can't even spell and another player whom you've never seen play.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Ok. I suppose I could ignore your reaching at this point, but I can't help myself. We know TullOch whether or not I misspelled his name. Just as many people know Keith Bulluck and spell his name incorrectly. Some of us can ignore the simple misspelling of a name due to no standard way of spelling it, and then there are others that have jack shat else to say so they nit-pick with it.
    This is just getting annoying now.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Tulloch looked good at times, but he also looked out of place at times. He can get a pass for being a rookie, but we really didn't see enough to know how he will develop. If he can't be better than last year, I'd rather have fowler. The logic is that he can improve, and improve significantly, but we really haven't seen enough to conclusively say that he will.

7. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Yes, but I am not nit picking on some random post. I've never done that. I am nit picking with a post in which you are insulting someone by making an argument about a player whose name you can't even spell. It's kind of like the 6 year old that says "You are dum"... amusing in its own way, but kinda pathetic at the same time.

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

His 40 time was in the 4.8's.

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

nfldraftscout says 4.80 for Ryan....which would be a 4.75 at Indy this year after the turf swap :grrhee:

35 reps, 37.5 vert, 4.19 shuttle, 7.2 3 cone....all good #'s for a 6-3, 250 lb lb. Dallas had been stacked at LB. Just because he didn't start there, doesn't mean he sucks.

And for the "soft" talk, I saw him dive into Cramer on ST's, and knocked Cramer back into Wade. He beat a block late in the game and made a tackle against the run. Just his quickness alone on the tackle of Brown late in the game appeared better than Sirmon. Ok, that's not much to go by, but it's what I've actually seen of the guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar