Two Titans Battling for MLB Starter Spot

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

What's with comparing him to Sirmon? Is it because they are both white? I don't see any other similarities. You can't just throw a pic up and say they are the same guy. You have to watch them play.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Common sense ey.

Had you even heard of Ryan Fowler before we signed him? I guess not.

But suddenly you are an expert on how good/bad he is.

You don't use common sense. You actually have to see a guy play to use common sense. Comparing two guys because of their skin colour is not common sense.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Wait, because they're both white I'M making the comparison? lmao It looks like you guys jumped in to that one yourself. You tell that kettle he's black!
    Anyway, had I heard of Fowler? No. Chances are the fans for the Cowboys hadn't even heard of Fowler. I wonder why? Again, this would be that common sense thing.
    I compare him to Sirmon because he's a slow middle linebacker that we just got lucky enough to get away from. Now we've got him back. Make sense? A bit more sense than the white thing?
    He's also known as being 'soft'. Hey, we could always dig his resume' up if you want to go there?

If you're going to shoot yourself in the foot, at least remove it from your mouth first.

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Yea, we pay all of our special teams players more than our full time starters. That is how champions are made.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

It looks like we just did. Tulloch is going to start IMO.

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

So, in other words, you haven't seen him play but you are relying on a scouting report from (I'm guessing) college and the fact that he couldn't beat out some linebackers using a base formation that we don't. You clever devil.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

said the one who has never seen him play.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

don't forget he is guessing Cowboy fans haven't heard of him either

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Uh. I haven't seen him play because HE DOESN'T DO IT. Not many highlight reels out there from special teams.
    I'm arguing with homers, so I'll just use the easy escape: Yes, he's a titan so he's good! I bet he'll be as good, I dunno, the legendary free agent scrubs we've picked up the past that I doubted.
    Guy's got about 20 tackles in his career! Sweet Jesus! Titans Super Bowl bound!

and this little tag-team homer twins thing is cute too.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

huh?

"Fowler is tenacious and tough. He is a physical upfield defender. He isn't afraid to step up and fill against the run. He uses his hands fairly well and will deliver a blow. He is a good finisher. He is steady against the run and has an excellent motor."

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/players/scouting?statsId=7101

im not being a homer, i've already said i would prefer tulloch, but when you start saying things that are apparently false, you make yourself look dumb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar