Two Titans Battling for MLB Starter Spot

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

fowler an upgrade

Richard in Nashville, Tenn.: I caught some of your chat last week and you mentioned that you thought Ryan Fowler would be a good addition to the Titans. I actually wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic or not. Give a guy in Tennessee the scoop on Fowler. We know very little about him. Is the switch from the 3-4 to the 4-3 just what this guy needed?

Mosley: Richard, I was actually being somewhat serious about the young Fowler's ability. Even if he thinks the money he received from the Titans is ridiculous, he's not planning to give any of it back at this point.

The former Duke star is an excellent run-stuffer and I don't think playing the new scheme will hurt him at all. Fowler still has room to improve in pass coverage, but he's an incredibly tough guy and will prove to be a wise investment by the Titans.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=mosley_matt&id=2873252

sounds like brad kassel to me....

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Please dont say Kassel. I hate him

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I hoped Sirmon would have been better last year, but Kassell was better imo than Sirmon in the middle. The fact that we didn't talk to the guy, few teams did, and he retired should tell us something. He was bad last year, and that's not hard to upgrade.

I'm just really interested in seeing the Tulloch-Fowler battle....although the money may earn Fowler the job.

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

yea i dont like kassel much either...

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I'm with you on that one. Is the FO really that down on Tulloch I mean the guy played well for a rookie his intensity is unquestioned and he goes 100%.

I like the way he plays and his potential.............His instincts are very good as well and that alone can make very good LB's look at Zach Thomas....not huge, fast , or crazy athletic but he reads his keys, has great instincts, and goes 100% on every play with all his intensity.

Tulloch plays like Thomas a little bit and has about the same build. Once Tulloch learns the "ingenious" Defensive Scheme he will be a good to better LB. He also has decent coverage that improved with playing time.

Fowler looks like a big run stuffer and a very good ST player. Maybe he will be a situational guy but I hope Tulloch get the starting job.

6. who has more talent? tulloch or fowler

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Tulloch no doubt.

8. tulloch is much more athletic that zach thomas is isnt he... drawing that from ur post

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

This will be another case of playing the worse player over the more qualified. We're getting good at that.

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Yeah I would say so Thomas was just one intense, hardworking guy who left it all hang out.............and he had very good instincts and football knowledge.

Tulloch has those too though.........IMO. I think he was just a rookie trying to learn the scheme not playing and letting his insticnts and athletic ability work because he was 100% sure with the scheme. But his play improved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar