Two Things HC Mike Did That I Liked...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I like that we didn't go on another 6 game losing streak this year

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

Have to say that I thought Scott was improved and that Amano and Harris were what they are. Seem to remember though I'm not entirely sure , that CJ got most of his yards off the edge or between guard and tackle.

Haynesworth when he was out there was still handing Amano his arse like he did when Hartwig always came back to LP ; and he's nowhere near the level he was then.

Be interested if Munch has had a word in Bruce's earhole about their play as a group ; somehow I doubt it.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Calling these guys out is exactly what they needed. Not since 2009 did someone hold them all accountable. It's about time they had some pride, and played well. Hopefully we can ride this out and win a lot of games.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

i don't know the hate for 12-gage.

it was all on fisher tbh, he made gage a #1 WR for idn how many years, when clearly that should not be his role on the field.

also, he made some tough catches and wasnt scared to go up high or over the middle. he should have never been the #1 guy, but i guess fisher's reasoning was 'he can block good'....

with all respect to that reasoning, as blocking WRs are good for the run game, a true #1 WR who can't block will help your run game MUCH more by: stretching the field, keeping defenses on honest/on their toes, not letting safeties creep up, etc... Realistically, if the D is honest, as a WR if you just need to get in the way between the RB and DB and the RB usually clears/does the rest - even if the DB blows up the blocking WR, the RB is usually long gone by than.

Anyway back to 12-GAGE, i remember him making some good catches and at the time (when all our WRs/TEs were dropping passes like crazy - especially Nate), Gage was the was the best of the worst...

UPDATE: i was searching for gage and i found this article and i never knew:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/28/justin-gage-says-no-so-titans-sign-donnie-avery/

5. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I've been impressed at times and irritated at others by some things but i'm starting to like him more.He definitely takes more chances than Fish ever did especially on 4th down.He has also made some key moves that Fish also would've never made.I like how he is giving the rookies a chance and just not giving seniority at a position like Fish did.The main move i liked was getting rid of Kerry Collins and bringing in Hasselbeck.Collins was the main reason i got very tired of Fish because it was clear that Collins sucked dearly yet he couldn't see it was killing this team.With a QB like Hasselbeck i think we might've done better than 8-8 in '09 because we were clearly hampered at QB.Last year was just a total meltdown.We had a few good years where the main ingredient that was lacking was a good QB.Makes you wonder how good those 2006-2008 teams could've been with a really good QB.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I have made that point before. Fisher had Vince Young and Kerry Collins during those years and look how they have done for other teams.

When Fisher has had winning teams people give him no credit but give him all the blame when we would have a bad season. From 06-10 we had 2 playoff teams and 2 8-8 teams with those QBs. That can't be horrible coaching.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

2008 was our year. It wasn't Collins fault we didn't win the Super Bowl. That was on the Ravens cheating, the refs ignoring an obvious delay of game call, and Lendale White and Alge Crumpler fumbling the ball in Ravens territory in the 2nd half of that playoff game. Had we won that Ravens game and not had our best players foot nearly ripped off by cheaters, we would have been hosting the Steelers in Nashville. The very field we dominated them on (without Hayesworth) only weeks before. I cannot blame Fisher or Collins for that season ending like it did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar