Two Things HC Mike Did That I Liked...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

This is two topics:

1: Not Sure the Source - looked for a bit and couldn't find it
    I saw in an article, i cant remember which one but it said that Mike had called out some offensive linemen (by name) in the locker room prior to the game against the Bucs.

I like this for two reasons, one he continues to challenge players to perform, which is un-fisher-ish. also, i like that he kept it internal. No need to gossip to the press, we all know who he was talking about too, and i like the way it was handled. Sure it coulda been earlier, but he's a rookie.

After coaching seeing what they did together all the years in the past, along with a seemingly unmotivated CJ, he made sure that there was enough proof for him to call them out.

2: As per Tennessean.com
    Linebacker Barrett Ruud (groin) could need more time to recover, opening the door for Colin McCarthy to start for the second game in a row.

The rookie continues to play well. He had a team-leading 10 tackles against the Bucs.

When Ruud is healthy, “then we’ll have a decision to make possibly” on who starts, Munchak said.

I like the way he just didnt say that Ruud is the starter when he gets healthy. In a short time he's seen good stuff from CM seems at least willing for a change. Im actually pretty sure, if he continues to play at the same level, Ruud lost his job. Good way to delay the decision for another week to get a bigger sample size. Again, un-fisher like, which i like.

• High Five High Five x 7
  2. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

I thought it was pretty clear when Babs took over Hope's spot that Munchak is willing to change.

I just think he's not as wishy-washy as other coaches can be that change at the drop of a hat.

I don't mind our coach keeping personnel the same to try and not break chemistry as long as he realizes when a starter is being outplayed. Clearly he does.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I like the winning record.

4. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I like the daughter.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Architect

Architect Pain Train

http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/20...munchak-calls-out-titans-offensive-linemen-by

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. bigdogtitan

bigdogtitan Camp Fodder

No poo pooing underperforming players.Gotta like that! We all have bosses up our arses!

7. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

My main complaint was i felt he needed to show a bit of fire at times because he does look a bit too easy going at times so yeah i definitely liked him lighting a fire under the O linemen.....

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

we'd probably be 6-5 or better with Fisher.

not saying I supported Fisher, but we pretty much got a poor man's version of him.

9. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

The main thing i've wondered is if Fisher were still here would he have pursued Hasselbeck or kept Collins.Because if he would've kept Collins i guarantee we would be in bad shape record wise.Now if he would've had Hasselbeck i agree that our record would be pretty good.

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Regardless, I'd imagine GM Mike had a big say in it - ex Seahawk and all (same case with Babs). Also, all the other FA QBs wanted 'more proven' teams, while sure with Jeff our 'rep' was better, but 'rebuilding' status nonetheless.

Now Fish did have say in players, this i'm sure off. but regardless if i were to guess, we'd have Matt at qb.

As for the record being better, maybe and maybe not, but these little things are at least a step in the right direction. The first step is the hardest, trust me I'm Egyptian, i no....lol

I voted today and **** so yeah. Where we r headin is a different story, but at least i had a say in it...kinda

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar