Two biggest reasons we are losing.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by tex-titan, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I do think White is being criminally misused. CJ adds a much needed gamebreaking dynamic to our team but we need to worry about simply moving the chains a little more than just hoping for a homerun. I don't see how anyone can deny that CJ's "all or nothing" ways play a pretty significant role in why we are seeing so many three-and-outs this season.

I know. I know. People are going to say "You want your biggest threat on the field more, not less." (which is the line Paul Kuharsky keeps spewing my direction the few times I've brought this up in his chat :ha: ) To that I would say that while he is indeed our biggest threat, all those runs of 0 or negative yardage are flat out killing some drives. Is the possibility of 1, maybe 2 homeruns per game really worth all the dud attempts? Especially considering our defense is HORRIBLE and even if CJ does score the opposing offense is in all likelihood just going to march right down the field and match his TD. With our defense being so pitiful, our offense HAS to stay on the field and eat up clock if we want to have any chance to win.

I'm not saying bench CJ. I'm not even saying split the carries equally. I think our RB split should look more like 60/40 in favor of CJ. Take out the Houston game and he has scored a whopping 0 times this season. Let's just focus on moving the chains for now Jeff.

2. TygerNeo

TygerNeo Camp Fodder

Reason #1: Team is old.

Reason #2: Pass rush is non-existant, exploiting an over-rated secondary.

Did I remember to say that the team is old?

3. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

No you dont sound dumb. CJ's speed has allowed his flaws to be overshadowed a bit. Theres a lot more that goes into being a RB then just blazing speed..but since many times that can lead to breakout plays and highlight reels he becomes the "sexier" RB so to speak. CJ has to learn how to hit the hole..and take what the defense gives him..instead of always trying to create a big play out of nothing. Lendales lack of speed almost helps him in regard to this..he knows he can fly past people..thus he simply takes what the defense gives him. But this is all with teaching..seems like even the coaching staff have become so struck by CJs big playmaking ability..they're not giving him the tools to become truly a great RB

4. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

This is how I thought they were going to utilize CJ to begin with. I think he would be even more effective by using him as a change of pace back..I think if he's out there for pretty much every play he loses that effectiveness. Plus..unloading some of the carries on Lendale helps keep CJ's legs fresh which is his biggest weapon

5. Doubleones

Doubleones Palatial Regalia

sawdust & NYC I couldn't agree more.

6. iQon

iQon Starter

There's more of a problem with US getting takeaways that affects us.

That is, if we're spotlighting one of many problems. I didn't think we were that bad on defense until the game where Fuller and Finnegan went down though. When you don't have your best corners out there (add Harper) and you've already had a history of being dodgy defending the pass, it's kind of hard to offset our offensive problems with a few turnovers of our own.

7. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

CJ is great, but with him it's either all or nothing. He's not going to break long runs that often, and he falls down the second someone get's a finger on him. LenDale should get more carries cause he runs harder and can break tackles, especially in short yardage situations. Nothing wrong with keeping CJ fresh with less carries too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar