TV Show Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Gunny, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

If it was truly meant to be a 6 episode event rather than a running series then I kinda hope they leave it that way. Sounds like most people weren't crazy about the premiere anyway though.

2. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

From what I've seen, it has been a 2 season show all along.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I would say both series are drama - and are clearly character driven (TWD very much so at this point) with concentrated moments of action, if you want to call it that. Not a whole lot of car chases or fighting.
    I dislike that TWD feels like it has a kill quota each episode but it comes with the ratings territory I suppose.

I like the subtle bits of impending doom in FTWD -
    like the hospital immediately removing the old man who died, the sister awaiting a never-coming text from her boyfriend, people thinking footage is faked etc.
    Things are going to go downhill fast from this point.
    It will be an interesting ride.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

It will run as long as ratings warrant it. Kirkman compared it to the CSI franchises and there's talk of even more startups...

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Yet they will continue to watch. I think people are attuned to talking sh*t about something as a default. Watch as the names on this show get anchored in pop culture like "Dixon" etc..

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

While I think they need to be careful as they're already running the risk of overkill.... I've always liked the idea of one set in the far north. Snow zombies would be pretty cool.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

@CRUDS I did not notice that about the old codger... good catch

and I agree it will be interesting.

There is also that group from the 1st season of TWD that went their own way when the Rictators started heading to the farm.

I think the real purpose of this show is a bone to TWD hard core. Ratings will be much better than deserved cause amazingly this thing ends about the same time TWD returns

#2377 GoT, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

Man I hope it doesn't suck... GET HERR STARR RIGHT, PLEASE!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar