Tuesday Morning QB: Titans @ Saints

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I know this...

Other teams are ready to sign our free agents every year. Drew bennett got a $6M a year contract, travis henry was snapped up by the broncos.

And when do we ever ever ever hear any talking head say anything negative about jeff fisher? While we have bashed schwartz for years nobody in the media had a negative thing to say about him.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Wycheck 28...

Why in the hell would they be selling titan gear in arizona? I can't get cardinal gear here either. There are places where you can't get bama gear. So what? Use the internet.

1. Vince young is one of the most hyped players in the whole nfl. Cover of sports illustrated, madden etc.

2. The news media, talking heads, former players all seem to love jeff fisher. Chris berman referred to the fisher contract as "well deserved". We have not been to the playoffs for three straight seasons!

3. Our free agent players get snapped up every year and are often over paid.

As for our great run last year it was noted by the national sportscasters. Vince young hype went into high gear then. Jeff fisher was given credit for a great coaching job while nobody ever criticised him when we were 0-5. We were 8-3 in our last 11 games not 11-0. :rolleyes:

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm in the "who cares" camp but in reality we basically beat what amounts to a bad team this year and losing their #1 RB will not help them down the road. I agree with Rolltide, the Titans gained quite a bit of respect last year with VY getting rookie of the year and also getting to play in the pro-bowl. It was hard for the nation to ignore the run we went on and the great come from behind wins we had.

Actually I'm more upset by the lack of respect we get from our home media. Guys like Plaster and David Climer have constantly been bad mouthing the team all year. Of course as far as guys like Plaster go IMO he is basically an idiot and couldn't even name any of our draft picks this year past the 2nd round. Climer is still taking a wait and see attitude about the Titans which is fine if you want to remain totally objective, we are only three games into the season but if you look at the whole body of work this year and how we finished last year any reasonable person would have to say this team is improving. Our defense appears to have improved quite a bit and we are able to be competitive even when VY isn't having a great game. We were maybe a 4th down conversion from having a shot at a winning field goal against the world champions. Our running game appears to be decent despite the loss of Henry and as long as B. Jones and the WRs we have remain healthy we look as good or better than last year. Guys like Davis should only get better and VY looks much more comfortable throwing the ball.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ask bud adams this is his team. He took his franchise from huge houston, 1.9M population to modest nashville with 500,000 in population. If market size means anything he must be an idiot but as we know he was smart in his move with nothing but sell outs and strong fan support.

In houston the oilers were always #2 in the state by far to the cowboys. Nationally this franchise was never popular. They were not like the steelers who won a whole generation of fans in the 70s with their hard play and championships. If we want to be a high profile team we need to have a whole decade of playoff appearances and a couple of championships. Being a top team means more nationally televised games, more post season and more people nationwide who like you.

Frankly if i'm in a situation that wycheck 28 is in i relish cheering for a team few people root for as opposed to all those bandwagon fans of the colts and pats.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

If we win vince young will be a magnet for adoring fans for our team much like manning has put the once comatose colt franchise on the map. Indy was a wasteland of bad football and horrible QBs but look at them now.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Most national stories brew locally first because the national media is lazy. It starts in TN. If the local media doesn't blow it out then it never gets heard. That's just reality.

With that said, Vince Young is a hype machine. The guy is not flying under the radar at all. McNair also got plenty of iron man hype when he was our qb. I think in general the Titans have gotten the benefit of the media, and less bashing, but all that begins at home. The TN writers are the one's who make the stories. And thus far they present a positive image for us. But they need to do more of it.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Vince young...13 starts.....8 wins.....68 passing rating..

ROY......cover of sports illustrated..........cover of madden....ranked 7th best QB in league by the top writer at sports illustrated.. peter king..

But our team has not been getting enough media attention? We didn't even go the playoffs last year were just 8-8 but we are playing in 3 nationally televised games. The crybaby bullcrap is running overtime today..

8. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

hey roll tide great game last week you guys almost pulled that one out..anyways 1st off i think its only human nature to want your favorite team to get attention for things they accomplish..2nd everyone did jump off the fisher bandwagon last year when we were 0-5( fire jeff fisher.com anyone?) and last but not least everyone is entitled to their own oppinion but dont bama fans have a web site where they can wine about nick saban and why they havent been a contender for the last decade.. why come on our wed site and wine about coach fisher and the titans..dont get jealous because the titans are doing better than your crimsontide

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Your original complaint was national media not boards like this. Despite a 5-11 season followed by a 4-12 season followed by an 0-5 start last year not one single espn, sports illustrated, nfl network analyst or talking head even mentioned that fisher might not have been doing a good job. The news media never rode fisher for that us fans did..

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

"our website"? You have been here for 15 lousy posts. I have been here since 2002. Nothing i have said would indicate i'm not a titan fan just that i hate people being crybabies about this small market media myth.

Good job deleting your comment about the 2-1 titans having a better year than 3-1 bama.:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar