Tuesday Morning QB: Titans @ Saints

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: R-E-S-P-E-C-T

So much for flying under the radar, eh?

For years, Titans fans have played the lack of respect card. How many times have we read in the forum stuff like "the national media doesn't talk about us" or "our players are overlooked during Pro Bowl voting" and so on.

Well, get ready. We're about to get two weeks of the national media talking heads gushing about the Titans in every pregame show. We'll be uttered in the same breath by some as the Colts and Patriots as a top AFC team. Vince and Company are about to spend some time sitting atop the pedestal of respect.

Though the Titans have come a long way, the Saints are the worst team I've seen for a long time including many of the Texans teams. They are a shell of what we saw last season and the score could have easily been worse had the Titans been more productive in the red zone.

No doubt, it was an impressive win and the Titans deserve much of the accolades we'll hear during the bye week. But look for some of the praise to get extreme. For certain, the old "we don't get any respect" card has played out for the foreseeable future.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

:biglaugh:

3. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

Bad thing is... Keith Bulluck isn't even a nominee for Defensive player of the week... what BS!

4. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I noticed that too. As I've said before, it's not a Titans thing, it's a Tennessee thing. That'll never change.

5. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

Like Vince said and I'm sure all players and Titans fans agree, we'd rather come into each game as under dogs and with something to prove. All ESPN has been saying is that the Saints are bad and can't do this or can't do that... How about this, HEY WE ARE FOR REAL!

6. ico4498

ico4498 Guest

curious that the Saints weren't conclusively bad ... until we beat them.

i'd luv to fly under the radar all the way to ultimate glory. media hype, imo, is overrated.

7. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

i am a titans fan living in arizona and i have been a titans/oilers fan for 20yrs. over those 20 yrs i have always felt that we have never gotten any respect or media coverage and it used to make me upset. in the early 90's we had some really good teams and they were fun to watch with the run n shoot offense and nobody ever talked about the team. in the early 2000's we had some awsome teams and still nobody even mentioned the titans name much less gave us any media coverage but over the years i have come to the conclusion that this team thrives off lack of respect. they love being the underdog and that is what makes this team tick . it gives an us against the world attitude and i have loved being part of that so much it makes me tick as well and makes me want to beat adversity as well. and for all of you beautiful people that live in the state of tennessee you dont know how hard it is to get titans stuff( hats , jerseys , shirts e.t.c) in arizona or in any other west coast town.. i would have a better chance finding jessica simpson on my door step looking for a date than i would finding a titans hat in az. after the titans beautiful finish last yr you started to see some titans fans come out of no where and still the media gave us no respect and didnt even mention the titans name but this morning i woke up and turned on sports radio and everyone was talking about the titans and the same people that love to talk smack about vy where all over vinces jock talking about how great he was and how great the titans defense is.. wow what a difference 1 monday night game makes..and now the rest of the world knows what we have known the last 5-6 mths and that is that this team can play with any body... dont get me wrong i love all of this attention but at the same time i dont want to loose that chip on our shoulder... when the titans go to the superbowl this year and any of you need a place to stay you are more than welcome titans fans our like family to me..

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bulluck got jobbed. I can't argue with any of the nominees and this week had more spectacular defensive performances than usual. But anthony henry doesn't deserve the nomination more than bulluck. Henry a corner had 2 ints against rex grossman. Bulluck a linebacker had 3 ints against brees. Bulluck's performance trumps henry's.

It was an unusual week..

As for media respect? I could care less but we do want our guys to get whatever honors they deserve..

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Carpy is coming for you.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gotitans..

Why do we always care so much about what others think? The steelers got a lot more respect in 04 when they went 15-1 than they got in 05 when they barely made the playoffs. But they would win the super bowl in 05.

Frankly i don't care what others think i just want us to win. I do think your post is a bit extreme we are still only 2-1 but monday night's game proves this is a good team....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar