Tubs is gone!!!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Playmaker, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Leach's system is fine when it is working, which it has for most of the season, but he has shown zero ability to adjust to what the def. is doing to stop him. That would be my biggest concern about Leach's system.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

After having a day to think things through allow me to give my take after I've read and researched some names. First, regarding my Arkansas comment, I do believe Auburn is a way better job because they're a better team. Even though they beat us that was the game after Franklin was fired. If I had a choice I'd coach Auburn before Arkansas.

Now I don't think Butch Davis would come to Auburn. I was just having flashbacks about how came to Miami and saved the Hurricanes, obviously he's comfortable at UNC. I also don't want Mike Leach. Okay now you're thinking I'm crazy but a man named Chris Peterson from Boise St. would be cheaper and runs the same offense as Oklahoma, Okl. St., and some other major high scoring schools. Leach's offense is pretty much like Franklin's. Other candidates I like:

Turner Gill- He's the coach of Buffalo. It's a small school but he's been really successful there. Just worried the SEC might be to much for him.

Chris Peterson- I've already mentioned him but if Boise St. can beat Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl then he's not just a small school coach.

Paul Johnson- Well it's Auburn and we like to run the ball. I think Johnson would love to have all of our talented RB's plus the a 5-star and 4-star coming in.

Charlie Strong- He's the DC at Florida but would need a really good OC someone like Mike Locksley from Illinois.

Jimbo Fisher- He used to be the QB coach of Auburn now the coach in waiting at FSU. He's been really successful he could really help Burns and ifwe kept Rhoads we wouldn't really miss a beat.

So Fisher and Peterson are my top 2 candidates. Some coaches I don't like or don't think would come is Muschamp, Spurrier, Leach, and Franchoine.

I heard a rumor that the Toledo staff might come to Auburn.

3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

"Say it ain't so baby."
    [​IMG]

4. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Rumor is Peterson is going to Miss. St. I think Fisher will stay at FSU because Bobby will be stepping down any day.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I just read an article on Rivals.com that said Jombo is Auburn's #1 candidate. I've also heard Leach, Turner Gill, and the head coach from Northwestern. I'd like them to also consider Charlie Strong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar