Truly taking the "best player available"

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I would love Sammy, but there's no chance he's on the board. If he was, I'd use him as trade bait.

2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I think Watkins at 11 would be a mistake. At this point I'm not sure I take any WR at 11. Too many good guys later. The teams with the "elite" receivers rarely win it all. Atlanta, Cincinnati, Houston, Arizona, Detroit, all have top 5 receivers and no championships to show for it. I'm convinced that the way to go is to have 3 or so very good-borderline elite guys. We have Wright and Hunter will be on his level soon. Add in a 6'3, 220 lb, 4.46, crazy productive guy like Matthews to that mix and we got ourselves a deadly passing attack all while being able to use our #11 on a defensive play maker of elite tackle as boring as that sounds.

3. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

I know Cleveland is looking for a QB but adding Watkins opposite of Gordon with Cameron at TE gives you some serious offensive power. Again I know they need a QB but its tempting for sure,it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Of course theyre taking a QB. This is a QB's league, and they have no QB.

5. JCBRAVE

The best passing teams are the ones with multiple outlets. Give me 5 No.2 WR's over a 1, a 2, a 3, a 4, and a 5. Its just too easy to stop 1 guy. You need options.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

WR is very deep this year, there's no sense in going with one at #11 when we have so many other needs.

7. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Just please let Johnny Football drop to us

8. JCBRAVE

Good chance he's there

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You keep talking as if Matthews will be there in the 2nd rd. He won't be, there will likely be 8 Wrs off the board when we pick.

If elite WRs are not helpful to winning football than why draft one at all?

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

That's where the best players are. You can get the 2nd best player at the best position in this draft. That is a high value pick. Wait until rd 2 and you get the 9th or 10th best Wr on the board.

And why does everybody act like they know where are needs are at until after free agency? We honestly do not know who is getting cut and how many starting players we will sign after march 11th. The notion that we are supposed to meet every need with one draft or one pick is stupid. You pass on a great player to fill a need?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar