Troy Vincent sitting down with NFL’s repeat offenders

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pro Football Talk, Aug 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pro Football Talk

Pro Football Talk Titans News

[​IMG]

The NFL has tried to fine and suspend the illegal hits out of the game.

Now, theyr’e delivering personal messages to those players before the season starts.

According to Albert Breer of the NFL Network, executive vice president of football operations Troy Vincent has identified 21 players as being “at-risk,” and has already met personally with 16 of them. The rest will be visited before the start of the regular season.

The group included six players who have been suspended over the past two seasons: Buccaneers safety Dashon Goldson, Titans safety Michael Griffin, Redskins safety Brandon Meriweather, Raiders defensive lineman Antonio Smith, Chiefs linebacker Joe Mays and Colts linebacker Erik Walden.

The rest were players who “were close to escalated discipline.”

“The objective was to sit down, review the tape, watch the games, and let’s see what’s taking place — from a coverage standpoint, up front, every scenario,” Vincent said. “How do we assist in making sure the player, the coach, the agent, everyone is on the same page in regards to what we expect and what they expect? A lot of it was casual conversation, put on the tape and say, ‘Take me through this play progression.'”

Not everyone is immediately receptive to the message, but Vincent said Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh (who was first on Vincent’s dance card) set the tome.

“He was very receptive, he understood, he cared about the perception, his reputation, and I told him we’re not trying to take the edge he plays with away,” Vincent said. “I said, ‘We’ve seen you adjust, we’ve seen an adjustment in your play, let’s keep that going.’ . . . We met for hours, talking about the example he sets, the role model he’s become, and emphasizing his adjustment. What he did was set the bar with his approach, since he was first.”

Having a respected former player such as Vincent probably helps get the message through, but until all the players agree they’re doing something wrong, it might not be enough.

[​IMG]

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

**** Roger Goodell.

• High Five High Five x 6
  3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Troy Vincent was a bad ass CB back in the days.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

its still laughable that La Vagician is on the list

5. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

LOL Griffin still living off of his rookie/2nd year..He's been awful since and somehow he has everyone tricked that hes anything other than average. It amazes me.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Troy Vincent is a trader

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

[​IMG]

Nearly every move this guy does to shape the NFL makes the game less enjoyable for me. I don't like his arbitrary enforcement of the conduct policy, I can't stand the fan conduct policy- at least the part about being able to text somebody out of the game, his "safe hit" policy, the emphasis on high scoring with pass interference, the kick-off ideas, etc

He'll drive hardcore fans who ACTUALLY PAY to see games away from the stadiums and eventually the game if his trend(s) to water down the game for the "main" public continue.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. Doc

Doc Pro Bowler

I couldn't agree more!

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

And this year they are "cracking down" on what DBs can to. All to make passing easier. Being more liberal with defensive holding. Pretty soon they will make DBs play with their hands tied behind their back.

10. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Roger Goodell was probably that dude who unplugged your controller if you were beating him at a video game.

• High Five High Five x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar