Troy Polamalu Int?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by #90, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I'm dead serious, and the rule is the way it is. There was a touchdown by Laveranues Coles (I think, or maybe Santana Moss) earlier this season that was called back because of the same rule.

Btw, notice that it's Greg Aiello who made the judgement call statement, not Mike Pereira.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

You do realize that it was called an interception on the field, and overturned on replay right? And it's not just the referee who looks at the video, it's also the review officials upstairs.

3. KobeChaz

KobeChaz Guest

Let me add to that. It's not only the officials looking at the play. It's the announcers, players, coaches, and the millions of fans around the world watching on the TV. And the consensus seems to say: It was CLEARLY a Int!

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

And 99% of them don't know the rules. Let me ask you, when was the last time you read the Official NFL Rulebook? And no I don't mean those abbreviated easy reading glossover rules you find on NFL.com or other sites. Even the NCAA rulebook contains technicalities that are almost impossible to understand, yet alone remember.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i believe that the ruling was made on the field
    and overturned on the field

the booth doesn't have the authority to make determinations

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

ok, since you seem to be the expert on this matter

what exactly made this play an incomplete pass ?

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

No Dungy challenged it and it was overturned.

Look up a few posts and you'll see why I think it was the correct call. However, as I also point out, it is only my belief; I haven't read the Official NFL Rulebook either. I trust the officials have though.

8. Even Jim Mora (Sr.) said it was an interception, and he is always for the Dolts.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

what kinda response is that ?
    THE RULING IS ALWAYS MADE ON THE FIELD

I don't want to search aimlessly trying to find your needle in this haystack
    thats why I asked you. it's not a hard question. and doesn't require half of the wordage it took you to sidestep it.
    forget the rulebook
    forget the ruling on the field
    forget Dungy challenging it
    forget the overturning of the ruling

why do YOU think it was an incomplete pass / non-INT

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it says that the player has to make a 'football move' while having possession. this usually means that he needs to take a step. just because he popped it out with his knee means nothing - except that he fumbled it.
    I bet if Indy had recovered it, it would have been Indy ball at the spot.

and speaking of the play is dead - the whistle never blew, indicating that the ball was still in play

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar