Troy Polamalu Int?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by #90, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Don't forget the pass interference call that never happened earlier in the game.

2. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

That was the second worst officiating call I've ever seen (the first was Vinnie's phantom touchdown)

3. The overturned INT had to be the worst job of refereeing that I have ever seen. It was obviously an INT.

The fact that they were able to watch it on replay, and somehow come up with enough mythical evidence to overturn the call is ludricrous...

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Like I said in another thread, I'm not much for conspiracy theories, but damn. How else do you explain that call?

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, if you taped the game, take a close gander at Allan Faneca prior to the snap and you'll indeed see he is moving. So it should have been a false start on Pitt and not a no call.

About the interception I'm pretty sure the rule says if you fall to the ground while you're catching the ball you have to maintain possesion either until you're off the ground or the play is dead. Polamalu clearly did not.

If you want to talk about Zebra conspiracies you should look at the Seahawks-Redskins game.

6. TitanJeff

You can't be serious. If he'd stayed on the ground, it would have been ruled an INT. As he was making the move up from the ground, his knee knocked the ball out.

It was one of the worst calls in NFL Playoff history.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Jeff's right, the rule says that you have to make a "football move". now, I'm not sure that Troy made one by rolling over but he clearly had possession of the ball.

did you notice that once he popped it loose, he fell on it and just laid there waiting for someone to touch him ? hell, he should have got up and ran with it, because no Colt even attempted to touch him down even though there had been no whistle blown

Peyton can't win a playoff game, even with the ref's help

8. TitanJeff

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I like what they did in the Rose Bowl where the booth had the option of reviewing any play that they saw fit
    The NFL should implememnt this also. it cannot be left purely in the hands of an on-field ref or a sidelined coach who neither have that good of a view of the action - nor do they have the ability to slow it down to 1/32 or rewind and replay

as Section 303 Predators fans would say
    "I'm blind, I'm deaf - I wanna be a Ref !"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar