troupe vs. witten

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mrfatface, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrfatface

mrfatface Guest

2005 stats

troupe = 15 games, 55 catches, 530 yds, and 4 td's

witten = 16 games, 66 catches, 757 yds, and 6 td's

Also consider that troupe was just winning the starting spot and was on a bad team. Witten was on a better team and played one more game. So to say that witten is soooo much better, I would disagree and take troupe anyday. Maybe witten has made the pro bowl because of being in a weaker confrence.

Troupe = The Man:notworth:

2. Dcowboys#1

Dcowboys#1 Guest

Lemme see, in that 1 game, Witten had 11 more catches for 227 more yards and 2 more TD's.....not to mention he was used mainly for blocking because of the injuries to our offensive line last season.

Witten is a Top 5 TE in this league right now, and is only a 3 yr pro (just started 4th year of career)

Troupe is not even top 10

Witten's receiving totals led the NFC(2004) and were second in the NFL to Kansas City Chiefs perennial All-Pro Tony Gonzalez. Witten's 87 catches(2004) are the 11th-most in NFL history for a tight end. Only five tight ends have ever caught more passes in a season than Witten, and two of those players, Ozzie Newsome and Kellen Winslow, are in the Hall of Fame. The others are Gonzalez, Todd Christensen and Ben Coates. Witten's evolution as a clutch receiver can be seen in the fact that 62 of his 122 career receptions(as of 2004, before 2005 season) have gone for a first down, including 25 on third down to convert first downs. Regarded by many as one of the best pass catching tight ends in college football, Witten's love of contact as a former high school linebacker shows up in his desire to search out defenders and deliver key blocks for the ground game.

The same cannot be said about Ben Troupe.

3. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

This is Troupe first season as TE#1. He backed up Kinney the rest of the time. Witten has had no competition at TE and is in most TE sets.

4. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

stats might not show but troupe is a way better TE then Witten. end of story

5. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Witten is very good...not doubt about it. I think he will give us trouble. I imagine Hope will be shadowing and hitting him as much as possible.

Troupe definitely could have had those same numbers or better if he had been the featured TE in even a decent offense...at least that is my opinion.

6. Dcowboys#1

Dcowboys#1 Guest

You have never ever seen Jason Witten play, that is the only conclusion one can come to when seeing such an ignorant statement. I am pretty sure i can get a fair amount of titans fans to agree with me that Witten is better than Troupe, hands down...

Witten had the 11th most receptions in NFL HISTORY in 2004. He is among the top 5 best TE's in football, Troupe is not. This is Tropue's first season as a #1 TE, Witten has been a #1 since he got here.

The only valid conclusion that i can draw for the above quote, is that you have never seen Witten play, ever....

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I was hoping and praying the Titans somehow could have gotten Witten. He is one of the best TE's in the league hands down.

8. Dcowboys#1

Dcowboys#1 Guest

thank you.
    :yes: :yes: :yes:

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

no need to thank me it is the truth. When I saw him outrun Florida's DB's in college I knew he was going to be a good one. Speed, good hands and he can block.

10. Dcowboys#1

Dcowboys#1 Guest

I know, the kid has some serious talent. I thanked you because some people fail to realize the skill he has, and post nonsense such as this post below.
    Ekwer, I was glad to have a you agree with me about how talented Witten is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar