Troupe or Scaife?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by OswegoTitan41, Jun 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The thing with Scaife is he came in as a rookie and really picked up his assignments well. He seems to run good routes and doesn't miss blocks. Troupe on the other hand has obviously had a hard time being consistent in running the right routes or running the routes correctly. If Troupe cannot be more reliable he will not see much playing time.

2. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

troupe is a tremendous athlete he just needs to STAY HEALTHY!!!!!!!

scaife is a great asset though, he doesn't get knocked out too long and he's a phenominal route runner and blocker and he always seems to be in the right place at the right time.

I had big hopes for troupe but if he can't stay healthy i don't want him

I love them both, and minus the injuries; can see them both making decent impacts this year

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

That's exactly why I say Scaife.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Can we say it?

Maybe scaife is smarter? His 18 on the wonderlic is average for TEs but troupe did horrible on his.

If scaife is smarter and stronger and runs better routes maybe we can't say he is less talented then. Route running is a talent and some players just can't be taught to do it well.

Size
    troupe 6'4 265
    scaife 6'3 250

Speed
    Advantage troupe
    Scaife 4.75
    Troupe 4.70

Bench press(225 lbs)
    Advantage scaife
    scaife 24
    troupe 17

Vertical
    Advantage troupe
    troupe 38 1/2
    Scaife 32 1/2

Wonderlic
    Advantage scaife
    Scaife 18
    Troupe 9

Route running
    Advantage scaife

Awareness
    Advantage scaife

Chemistry with his QB
    Advantage scaife

Based on the comments here you could say that plaxico burress is more talented than tory holt or marvin harrison. But since this is the nfl we are talking about and not a pick up basketball game who is more useful in what they do?

We all want troupe to do well after all he was a 2nd rd pick but forget that for now and just look at the attributes each player has. The talent divide isn't that great..

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Using that method, wouldn't it mean that Chris Henry is better than half the NFL Running Backs because he has more advantages? Mostly in the 'workout' areas.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny..

Are you responding to me? I'm the one trying to point out that there are more attributes than just size, speed and leaping ability. I compared the 2 in many areas to refute the common notion that troupe has superior talent.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Scaife without a doubt

8. talldrinko

talldrinko Guest

Scaife & troupe same talent level

I Just remembered when Bo was drafted he had alot of injurys
    in college so that why he slipped to 6th rd ,if he had been healthy
    he would have been an easy 3rd rd pick ie shad meir lol.Thats
    why i have been thinking Ben has so much more speed & talent
    than Bo.

9. Titans80

Titans80 Do ya thang!

Speed
    Advantage troupe
    Scaife 4.75
    Troupe 4.70

Scaife's 4.75 was ran with a groan injury, he had surgery to repair that right after he got to Nashville 2005. In addition he has recovered from 3 knee injuries, and he ran a 4.3 in high school and later clocked at 4.5 in college. He was noted as one of the top and elite TE's in country coming out HS,and very highly recruited.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar