Troupe Not Producing As Much As Expected

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

We'll agree to disagree on Troupe. I think he disappears for long stretches in games far too often.

But I will agree he is one among many high picks who have under performed this season.

2. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

simple..................Troupe knows by Wed every week what the installation is and if he is going to be a big part of the O...............when he knows he is a blocker first he mentally "checks out" and sulks a bit...................He wants the ball................Kinney has been trying to explain to him the last 5 weeks they are breaking in VY and it will take time....................the WR have said nary a word because Ray has told them all to be patient................VY needs the guys to stay in it because he cant afford drops right now...............and the WR really have gotten better the last two weeks especially blocking down field and catching what is thrown....................right now we are run ning two TE sets to give VY alot of pre snap easy reads and it is working.................it is an offense in evolution as VY emerges...................nothing major

3. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

With VY's continued exceptional development, i just hope to god they dont can Chow or Craig Johnson in the offseason.

I think Chow can work wonders for an already special VY....

4. TitanJeff

So Fisher calling him out is just his way of keeping Troupe's head in the game?

Not only is Troupe under performing, now he's not a team guy?

5. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

and hopefully Givens comes back this week also

i still say he can make a big impact when he gets healthy....

6. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Jeff call it how every you like...............I am giving you my perception................I think it is much ado about nothing...............but I will say this..................him saying it in the paper this week is very prescient.................why................cause we are gonning to chuck the ball a bit this week and todays articles will get his attention during installation this week......................This is classic Fish 101.

7. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Givens has a great chance to go this week as well.

8. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Givens and BJ complement each other perfectly

then with Troupe & Wade running the middle of the field, we should be good for now

9. TitanJeff

Just my final 2ยข and I'll let it go.

I've seen Fisher call out players for quite a while. I've never seen him do it to anyone who didn't deserve it. If anything, he goes out of his way to protect his players too long.

Though he had a good season last year, Troupe's not done anything this season as the #1 TE to show he is ready to take his game to the next level and live up to his potential. He's being out performed by a sixth-round pick so far this season and, apparently, he's not playing like he practices.

Hopefully, he'll get his head right and improve. There is no doubting his physical talent.

10. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

I think that this was Fish message to troupe to get ready mentally....................and putting it out there for the media slugs will do exactly that................expect Troupe to be pestered by them all week about the comments...............he'll be sharp come Sunday

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar