Troupe Not Producing As Much As Expected

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Scaife has chemistry with VY and Scaife worked more than any other reciever/ TE with Collins when he showed up..................and Jeff 4 catches is not light yrs ahead of troupe...............

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's a 36% increase in receptions and yards. This from a second-year TE who was taken #179th in the draft.

I think we should expect a bit more from a player in his third season taken with pick #40. I'm finished giving out excuses for players who continue to underachieve.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

vince played with scaife at texas.

4. TitanJeff

The majority of Scaife's receptions were from Collins.

5. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

yep..............because he was one of the few who worked extra time with him....................this is all on the new QB's nothing else.

6. TitanJeff

Funny how that extra work pays off for those who are motivated to succeed.

So Fisher's comments are BS? You think Troupe has performed to the level he should have so far in his career?

7. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

BS.............yes..............he is trying to motivate Troupe...............The problem with Troupe is he wants the ball and Fisher wants to run it 40 times a game.................and we have a new QB who is running a very watered down package now.................I expect the Titans to open it up this week................they spent alot of time looking at what Washington and the Colts did to the Texans................and both went to the air on them.................

8. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

You think Troupe has performed to the level he should have so far in his career

no..................but not too many on this roster really have..............I have less beef with Troupe because he played well last yr and this yr he has had some real bad QB play to deal with .....................I got a bigger issue with some of our other big draft picks than Troupe...........................Troupe is not costing us games so far this yr

9. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

In other news, Chris Hope to the pro bowl, the guy is ridiculously good & gets no credit for it

when i was @ the game in washington last week, the guy was everywhere, especially when he broke up that screen on 3rd down in the 4th quarter, great play by an up & coming special player....

major kudos to FR for signing this guy

10. TitanJeff

Why would Fisher need to motivate Troupe if this is on the QBs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar