Troupe Moves Up to Starting TE

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: With Erron Kinney recovering from arthroscopic knee surgery, Ben Troupe was named the Titans starting TE yesterday. "Ben has been developing the last couple of years," Tennessee Titans coach Jeff Fisher said. "I think he took major, major steps from his first year all the way through last year. He had to deal with some injuries, but he’s doing fine. We expect him to be a big part of the offense. He’ll line up and be the starting tight end." Troupe hopes to continue improving with his added opportunities. "I definitely want to turn it up a notch to help my team," Troupe said. "I don’t look at it like most guys, that this is my year to shine. I’ve never been the type of guy that worries about being grouped with the elite tight ends. It’s all opinion anyway. I just try to go out there and do my part."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

funny he was coping it for being too dumb his first year.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

As many two TE formations the Titans run, I don't think it is really that big of a deal. Kinney will still get plenty of work.

The most interesting part of this to me is that an injured player lost his starting role. Fisher used to never do that.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think it was just a matter of time until troupe got in front of kinney. the way he played towards the end of the season last year, and the exceptional camp he has had this year were icing on the cake.

i think we need to do a better job of getting him the ball. he is a threat after the catch because of his ability to break tackles, which is something kinney doesnt do(even with his size)

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

or jump tackles.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

It reads recovering from arthroscopic surgery. TJ, what makes you think Kinney won't be back starting when he recovers.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well if Kinney was to be starter, why would they announce Troupe as the temporary starter when it was known anyway?

8. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

The place where knowlege, potential and skill meet is called success. I think it is about time. He's primed to do big things. He will challenge Antonio Gates, Tony gonzalez, Alge Crumpler, and the like to be one of the best TE's in the game. His athleticisim, and hands make him as dangerous, if not more so, than one of our Wideouts, who by the way can't seem to get healthy(Now see David Given's),. Erron Kinney was bound to lose that position. The position is morphing into WTE (wide tight end), and his 6'8' 290, 32 catches and 2.1 yac average (note: he can fall forward for two yards..lol) was bound to get slid to the side. Don't get me wrong I like Kinney, the successor to Frank Wycheck (Frank White, as me and my friends call him) he more than fit the bill and is a great blocker and catcher, but Troupe's time is now, and it's crucial to our Offense for ALL the TE's to help Billy/Vince out this year.

9. Vin-Sanity!

Vin-Sanity! Guest

Trouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupe!

10. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I've been waiting for this! I really think he'll shine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar