Troupe going the way of Calico?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

how can he be a disappointment when he gets two passes thrown his way a game? one is drastically over thrown and the other is for 41 yards.
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be....

Sox/Nine: don't misunderstand it- I want Troupe to match or exceed the hype/billing he received as a second round choice. But we've waited a long time (compared to other 2nd rounders) to see production from the guy. Much like Calico in that regard.

Is it the scheme, the OC, Titans player development, or fortune? I don't know. We haven't seen much of the "great mis-matches" in any of the game plans. He DOES have average hands. He has made some drops, and yes, they appear amplified because he doesn't get that many opportunities. I desperately want him to succeed but I need production to allay my concerns.

I don't think anyone can honestly say we have gotten second round draft production out of him yet- for whatever reason.
  3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

How do you know he was open more than twice in the game?

You guys act as if Chow isn't trying to make him a key part of the offense. Based on articles I read earlier this year, they want him a bigger part of the offense. They are even sacrificing run blocking to keep him in the game.
  4. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

I dont remember Troupe being a "project" type player when he was drafted.
  5. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

there are plenty of ways to force him the ball. the panthers do it with steve smith all the time. troupe's a beast after the catch, why not have a little bubble screen with him playing WR? we all know a corner isnt going to tackle troupe by himself.

if we REALLY wanted him to be a big part of the offense, we could get him the ball.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.