Troupe going the way of Calico?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nine

Nine Starter

No offense, but you're wrong. I don't have time right now to go into it, but trust me.....when the ball is in his hands, Ben Troupe is probably the single most dangerous TE in the league. No joke.

2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

He speaks the TRUTH!

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

That's the problem. The ball rarely gets into his hands. You have a ball in his chest he dropped against the Jets. He's good for one play a game and he needs to be doing more. Right now, he's being outplayed by Scaife.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Still there are only so many balls to go around and we are throwing alot more to the WRs this year. I really don't care if Scaife or Troupe makes the play. If they can both account for 100 yards recieving each game I'm happy. Also Troupe might be getting more attention by the defense which gives Scaife more opportunities against LBs.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I take it your feeling it a little bit?

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

What gave it away? ;)

7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I sure hope not.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

The similarities are that both Troupe and Calico were big, physical "projects" with a gamble that would translate to a franchise type player. Troupe has been injured (broken foot) like Calico.

Troupe has made nice YAC plays (like Calico did), but also seems to have very average hands. With the emergence of Scaife playing a more traditional TE role, I see Troupe getting less playing time unless he takes better advantage of his opportunities. Will his hands let him do it? I dunno.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

one injury compared to five.

10. as long as its not his knee the injurys are nothing to compare

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar