Trick Play

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Nov 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

LOL definitely an extreme point of view. Get a life.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Cruds,
    That's a grown man humiliating children. How can you gage what is mentally harmful? Their defensive squad just went viral on youtube and were the laughing stock of the country. See the coach yelling and pointing at the bottom of the screen? He's going on about a supposed 5 yard penalty. If this is Sean Payton and Drew Brees I have zero problems with it. The fact of the matter is that it's a grown man.

It's the same reasoning as the following.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoMmbUmKN0E

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I agree it was probably in poor taste. But the guy called it CHILD ABUSE! Absolutely absurd. That's what I meant was extreme.

And BTW my "get a life" comment was directed at the guy writing it. Not you for agreeing.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I think that's all a matter of perspective. I highly doubt most people who watched that video were "laughing" at the defense. I'd say most just went "Wow. Sneaky play." Like I and everyone I showed it to did.

Calling it child abuse is being overly sensitive to put it nicely.

Also, I'm sure the coach who called that play had absolutely no idea it was going to go viral.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

sorry. I take it back then. :wink2:

It whether or not it can be considered abuse, ok, that's a leap, however, take that one stretch of a line away and the argument is perfectly sound. Also, I will add that if a Varsity squad with a wise guy signal caller came up with it, that would be different. At the end of the day, no matter how you spin it it's an adult fooling little kids.
    Do you remember life at that age? Imagine going to school having to hear about being victimized like that. I honestly think the repercussions of being made to look so stupid or ignorant, take your pick, amount to trauma, which is tantamount to abuse, but isn't actual abuse because it lacks intent. That's all it lacks from being actual abuse. Intent.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah, you're right. It was out of bounds given the age of the kids involved.

Oh I remember it well. And I agree with you 100% here. That was my point... the lack of intent. Unfortunately in this 'YouTube age' we live in people's humiliations no longer die the moment they occur and only live on in memory. Nowadays some people's are right there online for everyone to see for the rest of time. I think it's a sad thing and has no doubt ruined (to an extent) some lives. But my point was the coach had no way of knowing this was going to happen. I'm sure if he could see into the future he never would've done it, assuming he isn't a complete douchebag.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Sorry brotha, the world is full of true humiliation but this just doesn't qualify.
    Save that designation for for Elizabeth Smart or Christopher Byers. Poor sportsmanship at best here. I doubt a single kid on the other team even cried.
    I just spent two weeks in Kansas/Nebraska and the big discussion at every table this time of year is 8 player PW, JH and HS football. The slaughter rule was in effect in at least half of the games I heard about - teams losing 80-0 in one half etc. Which is worse - losing 80-0 and having the game stopped or getting tricked on one play? When I was that age I'd have been far more traumatized by a mean teacher or a GF breakup than some trick play..

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

It's not about the well being of the children more so it's about the character of the man. You either condone the coach or you don't. It's that simple.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Mike Vick is ok because dogs aren't people.

whatever.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

:D your post reminded me of it... lol @ 'YouTube age'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar