Travis Henry wants to make a comeback

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pro Football Talk, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pro Football Talk

Pro Football Talk Titans News

[float][​IMG][/float] Here’s something we didn’t think we’d be writing about on Monday morning.

According to Adam Caplan of Sirius XM Radio and TheSidelineView.com, former NFL running back Travis Henry is trying to make a comeback for the 2012 season. Henry was last seen when he received a three-year federal prison sentence for his role in a drug trafficking organization in 2009, a sentence that has now come to an end and one that apparently left Henry feeling like he could make a return to professional football.

It’s fair to wonder if Henry wasn’t using some of his own supply when he came up with that plan.

Henry turns 34 in October and has plenty of baggage that isn’t related to that prison term. Henry was suspended for a year by the league in 2008 because of positive marijuana tests and he fathered at least 11 children with 10 different women, leading to a lot of issues with child support payments during his playing career. Those needs haven’t gone away, which likely leaves Henry in need of money but, again, it is hard to see a team opting for Henry when younger backs who haven’t spent the last few years in prison are available.

Henry ran for 6,086 yards and 38 touchdowns during his seven years with the Bills, Titans and Broncos.

[​IMG]
    Source: Pro Football Talk

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

not gonna happen, cheese.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If Michael Vick can stay sharp as a QB after 2 years in prison, then I think Travis Henry has a shot at coming back.

I HIGHLY doubt Munchak even considers Henry, but I loved watching him play in TN.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Henry was AWESOME here. he really was.

But Vick was still in his prime when he went to jail, and QBs generally have a longer shelf life.

Henry's career was already pretty much over when he got locked up. I wish he still had some gas left.

5. JCBRAVE

The fact that he hasn't played in 4 years is what really hurts him.

Best stiff arm I've ever seen, wish he wasn't so old.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Dude was tough as sh!+

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

This is funnier than Tiki last year.

It will end with the same result... no signing.

8. JCBRAVE

I might have to watch a CFL game this year, dude needs money for all 10 of those baby mamas so he'll play somewhere, even Canada.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Working at Kroger isn't paying the child support... gotta try something.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol

obvious legal move too get that child support down to real wages, which TH will be making - if anyone decides too give a dumb as a hammer Xcon a chance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar