Travis Henry Cut

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by vslyke, Jun 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I don't know why everyone's hating on the guy, we all loved him 2 years ago. If we could get him cheap why not take a shot on him. There's almost no risk involved and there could turn out to be a huge reward so might as well give him a chance.

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

If we hadn't drafted CJ, I would be all for it. I think we don't need another RB and that we have to give the young guys a shot.

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

we could give the young guys a shot but im not so convinced that they can step up. Lendale is questionable b/c of the injuries....so it really wouldn't hurt to sign him....Chris Henry says he likes competition....I think if he has to compete against TH and CJ that he might finally show his true colors.

4. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

Hypothetically if we were to sign Travis Henry back, and say he performed extremely well... What does that leave the other RBs on the roster?

I honestly have no clue, and would love to hear feedback on that...

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Chris Henry would have to go at RB or someone at another position. I would hope we wouldn't keep 4 RB's though.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Just a hunch but I don't think the Titans intend to bring in anyone unless they have serious doubt White won't be 100% when the season starts. But they're smart enough to bring in a few options to look at (Dayne, Jones) in case White does not progress between now and the start of training camp.

Henry would be a better option than Dayne or Jones, IMO.

7. smili

smili Starter

^^^ Jeff I think all the activity/interest at RB is signaling some more serious concerns about White than currently letting on. All purely hypothetical here, but the only back Dayne runs like is White. Maybe CHenry is the one they're thinking of letting go, but Dayne isn't really that kind of back. I think THenry fits well if concern in White, so wouldn't be surprised if there's interest on Titan's part.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Everyone looks at players they won't sign just for emergencies, which is what the Titans are doing at RB(hopefully).

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

^ that only works if they remain unemployed
    which ,considering Dayne led the Texans in rushing
    and that Travis Henry was leading the league in rushing early '07
    there's a chance that these guys might make another roster

all kinds of scenarios open up once training camp starts

if White poses legitimate concern, and unless Jeff plans on going with CJ and CH as 1/2, then picking up an extra bowling ball needs some looks

if Dayne and Travis are options, what happens when they're no longer available ?

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Yet another reason we didn't have to draft a RB in rd one.

Henry would be signed on the cheap given his history and the fact it is already june. We wouldn't be risking much by having him here and even if we got just 4 good games out of him it might be worth it.

All that said they will never bring him back here even for just a million a year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar