Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Childress79, Jun 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    • Tip Jar Donor

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole

McNair
    Moolah:
    $1,520
    If all we need is robots beating each other up and smashing stuff, can we just see that without all that lame dialogue and 'character development'?

The visuals for #1 were fun... but that whole "criminals are HOT!" bit was painful to watch. Not all viewers are teenage boys.
  1. TitansJonne OG triple OG

Wright
    Moolah:
    $17
    Wow maybe im just immature but that movie was amazing!!!! Hilarious scenes, Amazing cars, great transformation sequences, cool fight scenes. And Optimus Prime was a straight Beast!! I mean the dud said "I'll take you all alive", that line alon made me fall in love with the movie. I saw Transformers 3 times when it came out. Im going to see pt. 2 again tommorow which will make twice i've seen it.
  2. ammotroop Airforce MAN

Moolah:
    $25
    7/10, I liked it, but my 8 years old LOVED it and my 5 year old Nephew Loved it even more. The cursing in it was a little surprising.
  3. RTH Meh...

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $9,233
    It's PG-13... how is that surprising? They have cursing in PG movies.
  4. ammotroop Airforce MAN

Moolah:
    $25
    Well, I was just not expecting it. That is why it was surprising. Sorry if that bothered you.
  5. Titans&SkinsFan The future is wearing #10

Locker
    Moolah:
    $0
    I enjoyed the movie...plenty of action scenes and I enjoyed Megan Fox...
  6. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    This is the thing that really ruined the movie for me. I thought the plot was OK (for an action movie). The effects were obviously good. It could have been a good action movie if not for them trying to jam in a ton of terrible, terrible comedy.

The Jar Jar twins, Sam's parents, Sam's roommate, and Megan Fox's "pet" could have been cut entirely and it would have only improved the movie. 95% of the jokes in the movie were awful. And it seemed to be about an hour of the damned movie.
  7. TitansOwnAll Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    Glad someone else noticed it.

And yes, removing those would have bumped my grade to a 6 or 7/10. I remember a little comedy in the first and it was a little funnier. Bernie Mac was in the movie! So of course it was better! It's a shame he passed.
  8. GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Moolah:
    $0
    Saw this over the weekend, and I have to agree with Starkiller. The comedy was probably the worst part of the movie. I hated the twin robots and the parents.

Other than that, what are you really looking for out of this movie? They did a great job with the fights, the movie was mostly action... and yeah, that was about it. The dialogue was lacking, and there were certainly logical holes, but it was fine for what it was. I actually thought the fight scenes were a lot better than the first one.

Didn't really seem that long to me, except for the comedy attempts.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,035
    Am I the only one who can't tell the difference between Starscream and Megatron when they are in a action scene?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.