Training Camp Battle #5 - #2 Dt

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Jun 27, 2007.

?
  1. Randy Starks

51.5%
  2. Tony Brown

24.2%
  3. Antonion Johnson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Rien Long

18.2%
  5. Jesse Mahelona

6.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Starks obviously the front runner, but a number of guys with potential.

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I went with Brown. I really like him. He's tough and he plays until the whistle. I think he's a good fit for us in the middle.

Starks is in the Troupe category.

Lots of potential. But potential and $5 still can't buy you more than a couple of beers.

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

This is another tough one... definitely a lot of potential there. I went with Long - Washburn is pretty high on him and said he's the best pass rusher on the team. If he can be near 100% by the start of the season I think he could be the guy here.

Agreed about Starks, and I also love the way Brown came on last year. With the talent at DT, we ought to have one of the best D lines out there. Very disappointing last year, but injuries and the occasional head stomping hurt us. With some contract years coming up, I see a total turn-around this year.

4. To me, Starks is the likely winner. But I do think Mahelona could steal this job. I don't see Brown being a starter and I doubt Long is quite 100% because achilles injuries take a while to recover from.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Long is long in the tooth and has proven he can get the job done. No changes for now. He's our #2.

6. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

:yes: I like the SlammaJamma speak! Stark's got the spark and Brown's going to town! That's what this forum needs - some style.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i went with tony brown. he's the kind of guy we need in the middle; he's quick with a high-motor.

i would love nothing more than for starks to win it and be an animal, but he hasnt shown anything but a flash per game to tell me otherwise.

8. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

jesse mahelona is gonna break out

9. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

I said Brown, only because I think Long will have another set back. Starks was in the dog house last year, and the coaches have been raving about Brown's offseason.

To me, its a two dog race - Brown & Long.. If Long isn't effective or back to normal it will be Browns job. If Long is healthy and productive its his. Right now, Starks is 3rd.

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I said Starks, but I think Brown played just as well as Starks did last year. That's the battle I see.

I hate to say it, but I think Long won't be back to form right away, and he's more of a 3rd down guy anyway.

Jessie has to improve, but his college days showed more potential than we saw last year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar