Trading out of #1. What will it take?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Jan 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Browns aren't trading unless they know we are in talks with a team that plans on taking who they really want. They don't get Wentz they take Goff at 2?
    Maybe they aren't thinking QB, maybe they'd be happy with Ramsey or Tunsil?

2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

The 49ers are the team that is going to make this draft historic for us. I am 100% sure that they covet Wentz and the only way to make sure they get him is to trade all the way to #1.

The 49ers have the most draft picks in the draft this yr so they have ammo.

The 49ers have made it clear that they want to get rid of Kap.

Baalke knows Wentz better than any other GM in the league. since he was a graduate assistant coach at NDstate you know he has followed his progress the last 4 yrs.

Kelly wants to start things out right by getting his QB now....Gabbert isn't the answer.

My hope is that the real interest by the Niners forces Dallas or Cleveland to move up...much rather pick at 2 or 4 than 7.

The Niners make the trade down a real possibility

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Another piece to trading out of #1 with the 49ers could involve the 49ers trading Anthony Davis to us. "I'll be filing for reinstatement to the NFL later this year," Davis tweeted Friday. "Dealing with [GM] Trent [Baalke} is giving me a headache." If a player says that about their GM, it can't mean good things about their relationship. Davis also has called out Joe Staley and the OL of the 49ers for being soft.

I would be happy to have him included as part of a trade down and I would think that the 49ers would be happy to get something for a guy who left them hanging last yr with his abrupt retirement.

I think a fair deal would be the Niners 2nd and 4th rnd picks plus Anthony Davis for us to move back to #7.

This gives us a starting RT in Davis, #7, #33, and #39....so we should come away with 4 impact players and have picks left to fill out our depth.

The Niners would get their franchise QB and would really only be giving up a 2nd rnder because I'm assuming they will offset the 4th they trade to us with the compensation they get for Kapernick.....a win win for both teams

4. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I love any situation where we trade with the 9ers. It puts us on the outer cusp of "Elite" prospects and right in the wheelhouse for Stanley or Hargreaves if that's who we want.

Then we would AT LEAST have FOUR MORE PICKS in the first 68!

What?!

I would gladly spend one of those on Jaylon Smith and sit him for a year with that many high picks. That would be such a coup it would be legendary. Probably wont happen but damn, I would love it if it did.

5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Niners trade Kaep to Rams for 15, trade us 7 and 15 for 1. Throw in a 2nd or Davis :)
    I still want Ramsey though lol

6. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

More 49ers trade ammo

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Broncos have a trade in place for Colin Kaepernick.

The deal is expected to be for a mid-round pick. The Broncos and 49ers have agreed on compensation, but Kaepernick's contract remains a holdup. Denver wants Kaepernick to take a $5 million pay cut, and the sides reportedly aren't close on a restructure. Kaepernick looks destined to eventually end up in Denver, but it's likely going to take an incentives-based deal.
    Related: Broncos

Source: ESPN.com
    Apr 2 - 5:47 PM

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Dangermode

This trade going through could make the Titans dream scenario one step closer to reality. Fingers crossed.

8. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I was about the say the same thing, now that news is the Broncos have agreed to trade terms with the 49ers, but have an issue with Kap's salary. They don't have much cap room, so they are in a bit of a bind. Hopefully the 49ers at least get Denver's 2nd Rd pick, which is basically a 3rd Rd pick. If they settle on a 3rd Rd pick, that is merely an early 4th Rder.

If they make it work, the 49'ers will likely try to package their two 2nd Rd picks and a 1st next yr, to move up. We should take it. It would allow us to take the 2nd best OT, in Stanley, and have 3 2nd Rd picks to load up on starting quality players.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  9. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Not enough value there in that trade for the #1 pick.

10. Dangermode

I would take #7 and two second rounders this year for the #1. If they threw in a player or another pick, all the better. I cant imagine they would give us next years first as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar