Trading #2

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Dec 28, 2014.

?
  1. Yess

71 vote(s)
    85.5%
  2. Noo

12 vote(s)
    14.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

It should be ATLs 2nd, don't know what I was doing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think the Browns will be the team to set the market value for the pick. They know what type of guy Mariota is. The exact opposite of Manziel. If they truly feel that Mariota is a franchise QB they will be willing to move up for him. If they don't feel 100% certain that he can be the franchise guy then they won't move up.

We would be stupid to not take #12, #19 and next yrs first for #2. The odds are that their first next yr is a top 10 pick.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd be happy with 12, 19, 43, and '16 1st.

However, if I'm Cleveland... I'm also giving Johnny another year. Draft Devante Parker and an OL in the 1st. When the 2nd comes around take somebody like Maxx Williams. DE/NT in the 3rd. Cleveland had a good defense last year, added two starters in Tramon Williams and Randy Starks, plus have Justin Gilbert going into year 2. On offense, Manziel has Devante Parker, Dwayne Bowe, Brian Hartline, Hawkins, Maxx Williams, and potentially Josh Gordon to throw too.

I'd rather have that then Mariota.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

As a followup to my previous post, if the Bucs for some unexpected reason pick Mariota- I do not want to pick Winston. I don't want to pick Winston with the thought of trading him later. I'd keep the formula for trading the pick but if we didn't get a trade offer I'd use the #2 pick on Amari Cooper. Completely safe pick, definite contributor right away. Hopefully the Jets would trade with us for the pick and if so, then I'd pick White, cooper, or Williams in that order.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

A few trade tidbits I heard today.

I like the idea of the Atlanta trade. They will want Fowler and would have to jump to us to get him. Cant see the Jags passing on him. I would take their 1 and 2 this year and 1 and 3 next year. Still leaves us in position to grab Parker or maybe White if he dropped. Definitely one of them, plus two seconds we could grab our OT and olb/qb.

Jets are listening to people about Muhammad Wilkerson. That makes sense since he is holding out for a new contract. Is he a 3-4 NT or DE? #6 2nd rounder and him would suffice for me. He is a beast.

A new scenario I hear is the Giants have talked to the Browns about trading back. Now, I cannot see them wanting to drop to 19 or the Browns have the ammo to trade 19 for 9 plus up to two. The browns wont trade their second this year, they want/need a wr there. That wont be an option I don't think. So, if they can flip 12 for 9, cost them probably a 3rd or a pick next year. This gives them a better shot. I like it because it puts us ahead of Rams and Viks who may take Parker. We still have Parker at 9 and an OT at 19. It will then only take probably a second next year to make it happen.

I still like the Jets deal. Almost guarantees us Cooper or White plus two seconds. Man I hope we don't draft Mariota.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

The thing about trading for future picks is that you really have no idea where that team's draft slot will be. That "2016 1st round pick" could end up being pick #31 and essentially a 2nd round pick.

So while I'm not going to run through a whole bunch of scenarios, I will say I'd like to see two 1sts this year plus additional future picks, or at the very least a 1st & 2nd this year plus a VERY nice package of future picks. The LAST thing I want out of this draft is a tradedown just for the sake of trading down.

Honestly, barring an RG3-type deal, I'd prefer to just see us take somebody at 2. This team needs legit top-end talent. I'd rather end up with one of the QBs or someone like Cooper/White than stock up on late 1sts and midround picks. If you hit on a franchise QB or game-changing WR then you've drastically boosted your team's outlook for potentially the next decade. Yes, you have to hit first. But if you don't swing you can't hit.

And while stocking up on a bunch of 2nd tier guys looks good on paper. You also have to hit on all/most of those guys to really make a significant impact on your roster (and what are the odds of Ruston Webster doing that?). If you only end up with another Kendall Wright and Derrick Morgan out of the deal well then you really didn't do yourself a lot of good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar