TRADE

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Walldaprince, Mar 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

No....the answer is no.

The the Cowboys or Browns are that dumb so...

2. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

The better question might be, what has Mett done to show that he was worth a draft pick?

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

lmao

Past 2-3 yrs+ w.e everyone loves to grope and moan over how we are a talent depleted roster & our OL is comparable to a JuCo OL etc etc.. Rightfully so! and I've been part of it. But unlike too many here, I won't ignore this fact when we talk about a young QB who's never been given full faith and full reps in training camp by coaches. Yea he is no Mariota, Winston w.e name you want to insert here but to say Mett has zero trade value is absurd. With the lack of NFL QBs available someone will eventually give Mett a shot which he has never gotten a fair one here especially with our roster and coaching situations/system.

No he won't move us from 33 to 31 alone - but Mett could be packaged in the right deal - no not for a blocking sled or field paint. Find a QB needy team - maybe, possibly a QB desperate team and you can talk a deal. I expect Mett to give us some return value eventually. What we receive in return will depend on what we are willing to part with in a package. Put Mett in the right system with an established OL (or more so then that of what we've had here in close to a decade) and he'll eventually be able to demand a contract that'd make him a rich MF. Because we all know how QBs get paid.

#24 theprizdfighter, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

That heroin addict in your avatar...that's you in a selfie, isn't it? Com'On, you can be honest among friends. :)

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Our chance to trade Mett was during the preseason, last year when many in the media...just like they did before the draft.....overestimated Mett's actual worth. "He could be someone's starting QB," they said. Mett went out during the season and made them look pretty clueless.

We couldn't even trade Mett back to LSU, if NCAA rules allowed it. They'd be like..." No, Dog. He's all yours, now."

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

You know what would be great? A conversation. Mett is not a starting QB, but he is a viable backup. 20 points in the draft is not much at all. Like I said, it is a mid-sixth round pick. I know most on here think he is worse than Dan McGwire, but he has attributes that a lot of teams might find valuable. The Broncos are rolling with Matt Sanchez. Matt Sanchez. They might want a backup who has the "measurables" to come in and spell the greatness of Sanchize.

8. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

These threads are made and can be blamed solely on holidays where they encourage lots of drinking :puke:

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Whos Matt Sanchez?

10. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I think thats the head of the Orphans from the movie the Warriors.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar